Old August 27th 04, 07:32 AM
Southern Kiwi

Default Need a wee nudge with trunking.........

Hi fellow Enthusiasts,

I have found 8 frequencies within our trunking band ( I searched for them
and logged all that had voice)

Within the same band there is a couple of "open" channels with constant data
type noise (control channel?)

I have entered trunking mode in bank 9, selected E2 UHF, then entered the
freqs (including the "open" channel)

I am monitoring the same freqs on another scanner and can hear them, however
the Uniden doesn't stop, just briefly shows the freq.
I am scanning in trunking mode.

I'm not sure of the offset, but can hear the same conversation on 2 separate
freqs (415.5625 = 416.4625) is the difference the offset?

Also I think it is not stopping and tracking because I haven't done anything
about talkgroups, how do I find out what they are?

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...

Old August 27th 04, 08:36 AM
Kevcat

Southern Kiwi wrote:

Hi fellow Enthusiasts,

I have found 8 frequencies within our trunking band ( I searched for them
and logged all that had voice)

Within the same band there is a couple of "open" channels with constant data
type noise (control channel?)

I have entered trunking mode in bank 9, selected E2 UHF, then entered the
freqs (including the "open" channel)

I am monitoring the same freqs on another scanner and can hear them, however
the Uniden doesn't stop, just briefly shows the freq.
I am scanning in trunking mode.

I'm not sure of the offset, but can hear the same conversation on 2 separate
freqs (415.5625 = 416.4625) is the difference the offset?

Also I think it is not stopping and tracking because I haven't done anything
about talkgroups, how do I find out what they are?

once you have the freqs entered hit the search button, the scanner will
search the freqs for any signal and once found will display the
talkgroup on the screen, you will need to add all freqs, even the data
freqs
are you sure you have the right trunking system?
as I stated in you other post
MPT1327 is not compatible with the 245 scanner

Kev

Trunking old_codger Scanner 3 May 12th 04 03:51 AM
BC296D trunking problems Tim Scanner 5 January 17th 04 08:16 AM
OLD motorola trunking information jack smith Scanner 1 December 12th 03 09:48 AM
old trunking information 042A trunking system for archiving purposes jack smith Scanner 0 December 12th 03 03:27 AM
question about trunking Mike Scanner 1 August 12th 03 02:14 AM