Old May 9th 04, 01:51 AM
old_codger

Default Trunking

I've been into SW listening for a few years and am more or less new to
scanning. I have a non trunking
scanner. I'm beginning to get the feeling that I'm missing a lot by not
listening with a trunked unit.
I really don't understand trunking and the google results I got didn't help
much.
Could someone please explain to me trunking transmissions, a trunking
receiver and weather it's really
worth it to have a trunking receiver to get in on the listening action.
Also, with most things already or about to go digital, is it really worth it
to invest in a trunking
reveiver? Seems to me that digital will kill the casual listener.
Maybe I'm wrong. That's why I request your input.

TIA for your patience with my questions.

Old May 11th 04, 10:41 PM
Steve Giovanis

My local Radio shack is an authorized dealer. they carry radio shack
stuff and can carry other stuff not related to radio shack if they want.
I don't understand why when our community went to trunked system that
they didn't market the most current radio's on the market to follow
these systems. I had to special order my Pro 95.They don't have one on
the shelves.They have the Pro 94 and a race scanner.. They say there
isn't any money is scanners. I argue well if you're looking to make a
buck it would be in your best interst to market the small stuff to get
people in the door then make the big bucks.. We have a big event coming
up here . A few people have bought scanners from them. All of them are
buying the pro 94. They say the 95 cost too much.Isn't the price
difference less than 50.00? Steve

BC296D trunking problems Tim Scanner 5 January 17th 04 08:16 AM
OLD motorola trunking information jack smith Scanner 1 December 12th 03 09:48 AM
old trunking information 042A trunking system for archiving purposes jack smith Scanner 0 December 12th 03 03:27 AM
old trunking information WLAK W.L.A.K trunking system for archiving purposes jack smith Scanner 0 December 12th 03 03:25 AM
question about trunking Mike Scanner 1 August 12th 03 02:14 AM