Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 7th 04, 04:01 AM

Default The Zapper...Radar Zapper...

I am Not a regular poster to this news group...but I wanted to share
something with this group.

A few years back, I picked up a "Zapper" from Rainbow Electronics. Was
the best little box I have ever owned..until I loaned it out and never
saw it again.

Since then I have been trying to find another one. I e-mailed Rainbow
asking them if they would sell me one. Since the FXX asked them to
take it off the market, they did and told me that they were no longer
available....bummer.

When I got my zapper...I recall that was included was a universal
remote control Garage door opener that would scan frequency's then
open up doors without using the other persons remote. I recently found
that document...I think I put it someplace....I'll have to try to dig
it out.

I also recall getting a small booklet on how to use the zapper...and
of course....the "Trolling for Tail-Lights" game. I also could have
SWORN the specs of the zapper were also included with it.

Well...I just moved into my own place (no more renting) and unpacked
all my boxes.....I was AMAZED to find the ORIGINAL specs for the
Zapper. Really a simple design.

I am trying to find a place that will produce the PCB. I'll also will
find a source that will supply all the electronics. Just have to find
a place that can supply the right sized box for me to provide kits for
every-one else.

Can anyone recommend a site that can provide these small boxes with a
push-button??

Since the FCC has NO say in Canada, where I am...I can provide these
kits. Will just take a bit of time to get the PCB's made. Any
suggestion where I should look to find someone to make a small run??

Thanks All.....

fa: US NAVY CJP-23ABM AIRCRAFT RADAR CONTROL UNIT WWII '42 Rich WA2RQY Equipment 0 January 11th 05 02:41 PM
TS-16/APN radar altimeter cal. Ralph Cameron Boatanchors 0 December 10th 04 10:28 PM
News: 'Hi Tech Zapper to Stop Car Chases' Fractenna Antenna 29 July 19th 04 02:28 PM
Highway Zapper kelmark Scanner 8 June 9th 04 12:46 PM
Police Radar Questions. Eric Scanner 4 May 2nd 04 04:17 AM