Old September 29th 04, 04:07 PM
Evan Platt

Default I see a neg in your future..

Something like "The display does not work" - let's bury that in the
middle of the auction description...

Old September 29th 04, 08:13 PM
Jim Hackett

People that take the time to read EVERYTHING shouldn't have a problem.

P.S. NO affiliation with seller...

Old September 30th 04, 04:47 AM
Pilotbutteradio

I don't know where else he could put it. Looks like full disclosure to me.
Yep, 100 sounds about right for a fully functional used model.

No affilitation with seller here either ;-)

--
Dave,
Icom 746pro, Drake R-8, G.E. SR3, Grundig YB-400pe, Yaesu VX5R, Uniden

Old September 30th 04, 06:00 PM
Evan Platt

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:47:26 -0700, "Pilotbutteradio"
wrote:

I don't know where else he could put it.

How about at the TOP of the auction, not buried in the middle where
someone is likely not to read it?

Looks like full disclosure to me.

See above.

Yep, 100 sounds about right for a fully functional used model.

But it's not fully functional. Someone is expecting a fully working
unit, I'd bet. - I wouldn't bid anywhere near $40 for a unit like that
- much less $70.

Old September 30th 04, 09:27 PM

wrote:

I don't know where else he could put it.

How about at the TOP of the auction, not buried in the middle where
someone is likely not to read it?

Looks like full disclosure to me.

See above.

Yep, 100 sounds about right for a fully functional used model.

But it's not fully functional. Someone is expecting a fully working
unit, I'd bet. - I wouldn't bid anywhere near $40 for a unit like that
- much less $70.

Just as the lottery is a tax on those whose who are poor at
math, getting unsatisfactory merchandise is a tax on those whose
reading skills don't include reading and understanding an entire
listing.

Old September 30th 04, 05:57 PM
Evan Platt

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:07:26 -0700, Evan Platt

Something like "The display does not work" - let's bury that in the
middle of the auction description...

Woops - should have gone to alt.marketing.online.ebay - but I guess it
fits here too!