Old September 29th 04, 04:07 PM
Evan Platt

Default I see a neg in your future..

Something like "The display does not work" - let's bury that in the
middle of the auction description...

Old September 29th 04, 08:13 PM
Jim Hackett

People that take the time to read EVERYTHING shouldn't have a problem.

P.S. NO affiliation with seller...

Old September 30th 04, 04:47 AM
Pilotbutteradio

I don't know where else he could put it. Looks like full disclosure to me.
Yep, 100 sounds about right for a fully functional used model.

No affilitation with seller here either ;-)

--
Dave,
Icom 746pro, Drake R-8, G.E. SR3, Grundig YB-400pe, Yaesu VX5R, Uniden

Old September 30th 04, 05:57 PM
Evan Platt

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:07:26 -0700, Evan Platt

Something like "The display does not work" - let's bury that in the
middle of the auction description...

Woops - should have gone to alt.marketing.online.ebay - but I guess it
fits here too!

Old September 30th 04, 06:00 PM
Evan Platt

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:47:26 -0700, "Pilotbutteradio"
wrote:

I don't know where else he could put it.

How about at the TOP of the auction, not buried in the middle where
someone is likely not to read it?

Looks like full disclosure to me.

See above.

Yep, 100 sounds about right for a fully functional used model.

But it's not fully functional. Someone is expecting a fully working
unit, I'd bet. - I wouldn't bid anywhere near $40 for a unit like that
- much less $70.

Old September 30th 04, 09:27 PM

wrote:

I don't know where else he could put it.

How about at the TOP of the auction, not buried in the middle where
someone is likely not to read it?

Looks like full disclosure to me.

See above.

Yep, 100 sounds about right for a fully functional used model.

But it's not fully functional. Someone is expecting a fully working
unit, I'd bet. - I wouldn't bid anywhere near $40 for a unit like that
- much less $70.

Just as the lottery is a tax on those whose who are poor at
math, getting unsatisfactory merchandise is a tax on those whose
reading skills don't include reading and understanding an entire
listing.

Old October 1st 04, 12:54 AM
Evan Platt

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:57:41 -0400, Mark wrote:

Ah, so you're one of those ebay jerks who is too stupid to take the time to
actually READ THE AUCTION ?

Umm hello? I noticed it. I read the whole description. The point of my
message was I'm betting whoever buys the scanner will probably miss
that part of the auction, and bid thinking its a fully working
scanner. That was my point.

There is NOTHING misleading about that auction.

No, you're right - I was simply pointing out that something like that
should go at the top of the auction description or in the description.

It's clearly stated that the display doesn't work. It's even in larger type
than most auctions use.

I've always wondered where you guys come from.

??? I come from Chicago. I'm not sure who "you guys" are.

BTW, please let me know what your ebay id is so I can put it on my blocked
bidders list. I don't need fools like you bidding on my stuff.

Do some research, it's not that hard to figure it out. And once again,
I noticed it, I'm betting others won't. You're looking to block the
wrong person. I read the full auction description. Others don't.

Old October 1st 04, 12:56 AM
Evan Platt

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:31:44 -0400, Mark wrote:

He disclosed it. In plain English. Not a hint of deception, yet you're still
not pleased with it.

I personally could care less - I just forsee an idiot not reading the
entire description bidding, and THEN finding out the display doesn't
work. Remember, the average eBay'er doesn't read the whole
description.

I'd send you a box of dog crap if you neg'd me over a clearly written auction
like this.

I wouldn't bid on this auction - that is unless I was looking for a
scanner that has a broken display. The point of my message was someone
is going to bid on it and end up negging the seller because they were
too stupid to read the whole auction description.

You still avoided the question - what's your ebay id ?

You're right. I did.

Old October 1st 04, 03:29 PM
Evan Platt

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:37:35 -0400, Mark wrote:

Because you know you're wrong with your whole stupid assessment of this
auction and you don't want the world blocking your id.

That could be, however I worked for an eBay drop off store /
powerseller for over a month - and about 80% of the e-mailed questions
to us were covered in the auction description. People didn't read past
"You are biddong on one widget." Heck, auction could say "You are
bidding on one widget. This widget is in great condition, no apparent
damage, and is size 7. It comes with all accessories included when
purchased new." and we would get 5 e-mails
What size is it? Does it come with all accessories?"

I guess that's just your twisted way of admitting you were dead wrong from
start to finish.

No, I'll admit when / if I'm wrong once feedback is left by the buyer.
I was simply making a comment about human nature and the stupid buyers
on eBay not reading the entire auction. Get off your high horse.

Old October 1st 04, 04:50 PM
Evan Platt

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:51:26 -0400, Mark wrote:

Well, well, well Evan.

First things first. I would suggest that any Ebay sellers block Evan's ebay
id (phirephoto) from bidding since he's too stupid to read and understand the
simplest of auctions.

If you want to loose a potential buyer, sure. Block my ID from
bidding. If I were too stupid to read and understand the terms of an
auction, I wouldn't have posted the fact that I noticed the scanner
didn't have a display, would I? If I were too stupid, I would have bid
at the price the auction were at, and I would be negging the buyer
because the scanner doesn't work.

I would suggest also reading through his feedback if
you'd like a good chuckle. Seems Evan is an ebay problem in addition to a
usenet one.

Yes. Please read my feedback. You'll notice 2 of my negs were prior to
eBay requiring feedback to be auction related - I toss those out the
window - and my other 2 are from buyers who didn't read the terms of
an auction.

Since Evan, so politely, invited me to "look it up", I decided I would. What
I found was an abomination. It appears that Evan is quite adept at making
enemies on usenet

Yes, please - look me up. But feel free to also NOT look up someone
who doesn't have the gall to post a real name ("Mark???" and a real
address. I have nothing to hide, apparently Mark does - as he posts no
real name (full name that is) nor e-mail address.

Hey, Evan, which one of your bonehead moves got you the nickname "Opie"? LOL!

You tell me.

Now I don't feel bad adding you to my killfile. Congratulations, you're the
2nd one to make it there over the last 8 years.

Enjoy the last word. I won't see it.

Good. Everyone else will.

Of couse, based on your headers, you're in Germany, and since I don't
buy outside the US, feel free to add me to your killfile / eBay
blocked buyer list.

But to anyone else, sure, feel free to block me if you feel the need
to loose a potential buyer - if you feel my feedback shows it's worth
your time.

But my eBay feedback is known, how about yours Mark?

Guess we'll never know.