Old October 5th 04, 07:30 PM
hobergenix

Default Frequency Logging BC796D

The one thing I am looking to do is to scan a bank or a frequency file and
log
the number of hits on each frequency. I see that Scancat will do this but I
think
only if you have the se version. I have looked at ARC250 and it will do this
to0
but it will not show a hit count next to each frequency though. Is this my
only
optitions to do this.

Mike

Old October 5th 04, 08:28 PM
michael agner

Well, let's see...Scan Control will not sum up the hits for each
frequency, though it does record every one. You could save the hits to
a csv file and import it into Excel and make that do the summing...Radio
Manager 2002 will record the hits and sum up the number of hits per
frequency, but the editor that program uses is horrific to say the
least. I think ARC250 is your best bet for something like this, and I'd
be surprised if the history file couldn't sum up total hits per
frequency. You should ask Gommert about this - he's a frequent visitor
to the Strong Signals forums (including the software forum), among others.

73s and GL...Mike

Old October 6th 04, 06:31 AM
hobergenix

Thanks Mike.

I did some emailing and ScanCat gold appears to do what I want.
Their SacnCat Gold Se will record the audio but for now I really
do not need that right now.

The ARC250 software will not show you the number of hits on
each frequency but I can probably load it into excell and do a sort
or something like that. I Like the ARC software

Mike

Old October 6th 04, 08:05 AM
scanfan

SCANCAT GOLD SE=WASTE OF MONEY, it's g**d*** 16 bit, ugly fat crap.
Tell Jim Springer to retire or design something more friendly. ARC250 is by
far the best software for uniden radios

Old October 6th 04, 10:15 AM
JER1538A

http://personal.bellsouth.net/k/d/kd.../IDTracker.htm