Old October 7th 04, 12:27 AM
Bruce Markowitz

Default Icom R-2 question - anyone got experience?

On my R2, when I press the Band button, after it hits the bands, I get "CH1"
which goes up to CH59
These seem to be pre-programmed. Some seem to be FM broadcast, some are
locked out. These are NOT channels that I programmed, and this is NOT the
"channel scan" mode. I can not seem to find ANY refenence to these. They do
not appear in software, and the button combos have no effect when these are
on screen, there is also a strange letter combo on the lower right of the
screen, looks like a "tw".
Anyone know what these are, can they be changed? How can some be "skipped"
if I can't seem to get any access to them??
Anyone?

Old October 8th 04, 12:48 AM
Bruce Markowitz

Which since it is a Euro model are probably not correct for "here".
This is not documented at all in the manual!
om...

Old October 8th 04, 02:53 AM
Matt

Aren't the TV channels pretty much international - with the exception of
some of the UHF ones maybe?

Matt