Old October 15th 04, 04:11 AM
Brent

Default Scanner?

What is a normal ranger for a police scanner with a roof antenna?

Old October 15th 04, 12:14 PM
Greasy Rider

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:11:18 -0400, "Brent"
proclaimed:
What is a normal ranger for a police scanner with a roof antenna?

Park Ranger at 12.732 miles.
Old October 15th 04, 02:02 PM
dxAce

Greasy Rider wrote:

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:11:18 -0400, "Brent"
proclaimed:
What is a normal ranger for a police scanner with a roof antenna?

Park Ranger at 12.732 miles.

Lone Ranger (in comms with Tonto) at 17 miles.

Old October 15th 04, 02:38 PM
Jason G.

"Greasy Rider" Greasy Rider @ invalid.com wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:11:18 -0400, "Brent"
proclaimed:
What is a normal ranger for a police scanner with a roof antenna?

Park Ranger at 12.732 miles.

=]

The distance depends on the power output and antenna of the other station,
geography and the sensitivity and antennas of your equipment. If the other
station has a lot of power and a good antenna, distances can be up to a
hundred miles if you are in the plains, and less than a mile if they are
portable in mountainous regions.
To sum it all up, there is no answer.

Jason

Old October 15th 04, 04:32 PM
Greasy Rider

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:02:29 -0400, dxAce
proclaimed:

Lone Ranger (in comms with Tonto) at 17 miles.

The Lone ranger was being held captive and managed to send a secret
smoke signal to Tonto.

"Help, bring posse"

Tonto shows up two later with three hookers.

Dammit, Tonto I said "posse" not "pussy"!

Old October 15th 04, 07:24 PM
DougSlug

Amazing what one little typo can do. In the other group, you left out the
ending 'r' and got all good answers. Here, it's a different story
altogether.

Old October 15th 04, 08:27 PM
Southern Kiwi

"Brent" wrote in message
What is a normal ranger for a police scanner with a roof antenna?

The biggest difference I get is dependent on which freq they transmit on....
for 75 mhz I get about 30 mile, 480 mhz I get about 5 mile
As pointed out by others, there are sooooo many factors....
--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...

FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 October 8th 05 12:47 AM
Advice on buying a scanner John Scanner 0 August 25th 04 12:11 PM
Pro-95 Scanner John Jenkins Scanner 2 January 16th 04 01:21 AM
Coax signal deteriotion to Scanner Paul Keenleyside Scanner 3 December 10th 03 03:39 AM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM