Old October 28th 04, 01:52 AM
Bo Harris

Default Pro-43 Service Manual needed

I need a Pro-43 Service manual in a bad way. I have a Pro-2006 service
Manual i can copy for trade. If anything, I need a copy of the schematic
for the boards. I bought a used 43 and the signal is very weak. It's
tuned but takes a very strong signal to break squelch. It has been
bench tested to prove this.
Old October 28th 04, 02:19 AM
Al Klein

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:52:59 GMT, Bo Harris
said in alt.radio.scanner:

I need a Pro-43 Service manual in a bad way. I have a Pro-2006 service
Manual i can copy for trade. If anything, I need a copy of the schematic
for the boards. I bought a used 43 and the signal is very weak. It's
tuned but takes a very strong signal to break squelch. It has been
bench tested to prove this.

Have you tried asking a RS store to order one for you?
Old October 28th 04, 02:25 AM
mikeBNF

a common problem is the wire to the pcb from the socket twisting and
breaking the joints and the first surface mount coil going o/c or lifting.
mike

"Bo Harris" wrote in message
I need a Pro-43 Service manual in a bad way. I have a Pro-2006 service
Manual i can copy for trade. If anything, I need a copy of the schematic
for the boards. I bought a used 43 and the signal is very weak. It's
tuned but takes a very strong signal to break squelch. It has been
bench tested to prove this.

---

Old October 28th 04, 02:50 AM
Bo Harris

I cannot find it on their web site and the local store is trying to find
it also. This surely can't be a hard thing to get now.

Old October 28th 04, 02:51 AM
Bo Harris

Thanks Mike. I'm looking into that now. It has to be kind of simple to
fix since the radio IS working.

Old October 28th 04, 03:19 AM
Dallas Goldburg

try here
http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ListManuals=radio_shack

also rs had a ftp site
http://support.radioshack.com/produc...ID=00400100 1

try
http://support.radioshack.com/produc...anners&Reuse=N

Dallas

When in doubt, jiggle the cable.

Old October 28th 04, 03:37 AM
Bo Harris

I have tried all those sites but the last one. I just tried it and the
RS sites don't offer the Service manual. They will just give spec's.
Now seeing that again, I KNOW my spec's for the whole radio are way off.
The first site, I did download only to see an exploded view of the
radio and the Users Manual.

Old October 28th 04, 04:34 AM
kevcat

sounds like it
a broken connection between the antenna connector and the board, is the
BNC socket also loose?, good sign

Kev

Old October 28th 04, 04:03 PM
Bo Harris

No service manual or parts available from Radio Shack for the Pro-43.
Checked BNC and is tight. From previous post i have checked coils and
all look good.

Old October 28th 04, 08:03 PM
Bo Harris

Connector checked out ok. I bypassed the BNC and put the freq
generator on the BNC points on the IF board. Still the signal had to
be 100 microvolts to break squelch. RS does not carry the Service
Manual OR parts for the 43 any more.
Does anyone have or know someone with a damaged Pro-43 that has a good
IF board? Till then I'm still poking around...

"Bo Harris" wrote in message

I need a Pro-43 Service manual in a bad way. I have a Pro-2006 service
Manual i can copy for trade. If anything, I need a copy of the schematic
for the boards. I bought a used 43 and the signal is very weak. It's
tuned but takes a very strong signal to break squelch. It has been
bench tested to prove this.

---

NEEDED: service manual for Denon DN-961FA Daniel Houg Broadcasting 1 March 4th 04 05:00 AM
Parts and Service needed for a WaveTek 4200 Service Monitor WB8ICT Equipment 0 January 3rd 04 09:23 PM
TS 440 Service manual Howard Equipment 2 November 24th 03 03:04 PM
TS 440 Service manual Howard Equipment 0 November 24th 03 06:20 AM