Old November 1st 04, 08:48 PM
Evan Platt

Default Pro-83 on sale at $55 or did I luck out?

Went to the local Radio Shack. Inquired about the Pro-83. $55 he said.
I promptly snagged one. Did he miskey something, or are they $55?

Evan

Old November 1st 04, 11:40 PM
Bill Crocker

It doesn't look like it's a current model. That being the case, I think the
manager can sell it for what ever price he wants. In any event, sounds like
you got yourself a deal!

Bill Crocker

Old November 1st 04, 11:43 PM
Evan Platt

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 18:40:56 -0500, "Bill Crocker"
wrote:

It doesn't look like it's a current model. That being the case, I think the
manager can sell it for what ever price he wants. In any event, sounds like
you got yourself a deal!

The 83 is pretty new. I doubt it's more than a year or two old.

Evan

Old November 2nd 04, 02:12 AM
DeWayne

wrote:

It doesn't look like it's a current model. That being the case, I think
the
manager can sell it for what ever price he wants. In any event, sounds
like
you got yourself a deal!

The 83 is pretty new. I doubt it's more than a year or two old.

I thought it was a brand new model.

DeWayne

Evan

Old November 2nd 04, 02:45 AM
Evan Platt

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 02:12:16 GMT, "DeWayne" wrote:

The 83 is pretty new. I doubt it's more than a year or two old.

I thought it was a brand new model.

Could be new. As I said, I doubt it's been out more than a year, if
that.

Old November 2nd 04, 02:46 AM
Evan Platt

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 02:21:23 GMT, Never anonymous Bud
wrote:

There's no such model (yet) on the RS website.

The Pro-83 is a brand new model, and probably should have a price over $200.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=20%2D501

It's brand new. Normal price at $119, some stores are offering it
today at $55. This appears to be only some stores.

I have one in my hand.

Evan

Old November 2nd 04, 03:49 AM
Rob Mills

"Evan Platt" wrote in message

I have one in my hand.

The RS description doesn't mention trunking. Does it not trunk?? RM ~

Old November 2nd 04, 04:25 AM
Evan Platt

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:49:54 -0600, "Rob Mills"
wrote:

The RS description doesn't mention trunking. Does it not trunk?? RM ~

No. It's a simple 200 channel conventional scanner with Signal Stalker
that finds nearby transmitters and switches to that frequency.

But, for $55 (which apparently was a today only unadvertised sale at a
few RS's), it's a DAMN good find!

Heck, even at $119 (the regular price), it can't be beat.

Evan

Old November 2nd 04, 05:38 AM
Rob Mills

"Evan Platt" wrote in message

with Signal Stalker

It will be interesting to hear how well the "Stalker" works. I assume it
will sniff them out faster than a regular scanner in search mode. RM~

Old November 2nd 04, 08:08 AM
DeWayne

"Rob Mills" wrote in message

"Evan Platt" wrote in message

with Signal Stalker

It will be interesting to hear how well the "Stalker" works. I assume it
will sniff them out faster than a regular scanner in search mode. RM~

From what I've read it's almost instantaneous.

DeWayne