Old November 13th 04, 08:01 PM
Alex Clayton

"Spectre" wrote in message
What an ignorant, back ass statement. Hey buddy welcome to this century
ebay does millions of transactions a day and most people are happy. A good
deal may I remind you is where the seller and the buyer are happy and ebay
generally accomplishes this. If a buyer is to stupid, to do his homework
or is incapable of showing restraint in bidding well then too bad. This is
a CAPITALIST country you know.

Finally there are plenty of deals on ebay and there is plenty of money to
be made selling on it. I have never been "scammed" and using paypal or a
credit card is prudent and provides another layer of protection so,
obviously you just don't get it or are incapable of grasping that business
and the way goods are sold is changing and will change forever.

"Jim Jensen" wrote in message
om...

I have to think this was a troll. I love Ebay. I have bought and sold on it
for 5 years or so. I only got burned out right 1 time. Was some $5.00 toy,
so I did not loose any sleep over it. I have bought all kinds of stuff that
I was having trouble finding anywhere else. Several times when I was looking
for something I could not find I would as a last resort check them, and
there it was. I do my research, bid no more than about %60 of what something
would cost me from a brick &mortar or online dealer. If I win great, if not
and I need something in a hurry, I can always just order it. years ago when
I decided to up grade my reloading equipment I found some great deals on all
the stuff I wanted, got rid of all the stuff I no longer needed, and some of
it sold for more than I paid new!
If you have some common sense, and READ the reviews you can get good, to
great deals, and, in my case at least often find items that I just could not
find. I love the place.
--
Money isn't everything but it sure keeps the kids in touch.

Old November 14th 04, 03:09 AM
Wet Chicken

What I learned from this thread:

25% graduate functional illiterates. We should remove the warning labels
from everything and let nature take care of the problem.

Have a nice day.

Old November 14th 04, 03:16 AM
TBA

"Wet Chicken" wrote in message
What I learned from this thread:

25% graduate functional illiterates. We should remove the warning labels
from everything and let nature take care of the problem.

Have a nice day.

I sadly - have to agree! It's amazing anymore, how dumb some people really
are. They can't spell for ****. They can't interpret what they read. You
have to wonder how it is they get by in life without being killed just
making breakfast. No wonder our insurance rates are so "f&$ked up. There are
accidents, and then there is stupidity.

TBA

Old November 14th 04, 03:40 AM
Jim

"TBA" wrote in message
erio.net...
"Wet Chicken" wrote in message
What I learned from this thread:

25% graduate functional illiterates. We should remove the warning labels
from everything and let nature take care of the problem.

Have a nice day.

I sadly - have to agree! It's amazing anymore, how dumb some people
really are. They can't spell for ****. They can't interpret what they
read. You have to wonder how it is they get by in life without being
killed just making breakfast. No wonder our insurance rates are so "f&$ked
up. There are accidents, and then there is stupidity.

TBA

I just cant resist this! I was talking to a friend of my daughter's a few
months ago. This girl is 24 years old, and I don't remember why the subject
came up but she thought we lived "In the Earth". I had to ask her to
explain (I didn't understand what she meant!). She said (Don't we live on
the inside of the Earth?). This isn't as isolated as one might think.
Another kid (23 years old) didn't know beef came from cattle! I think
people are getting less well educated these days. I think tomorrow I'm going
to ask a few people "What type of object is the Sun" the answers should be
great!

Old November 14th 04, 05:10 PM
Alex Clayton

"Jim" wrote in message

I just cant resist this! I was talking to a friend of my daughter's a few
months ago. This girl is 24 years old, and I don't remember why the
subject came up but she thought we lived "In the Earth". I had to ask her
to explain (I didn't understand what she meant!). She said (Don't we live
on the inside of the Earth?). This isn't as isolated as one might think.
Another kid (23 years old) didn't know beef came from cattle! I think
people are getting less well educated these days. I think tomorrow I'm
going to ask a few people "What type of object is the Sun" the answers
should be great!

Remember a few years ago when NASA had that Lander on Mars? That congress
woman from TX, asked "can they send it over to where the astronauts put that
flag when they were there"? One of her aids had to whisper to her that we
had never been to mars. Of course people like her sometimes make me wonder
if mars has not been here to earth before G
--
Money isn't everything but it sure keeps the kids in touch.