Old December 11th 04, 12:02 AM
Greg

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:39:10 GMT, "Alex Clayton"
wrote:

What kind of batteries do these use? I have not seen this on any of the
sites that list them. Do they use regular AA batteries?
--
If at first you don't succeed blame someone else and seek counseling.

It comes with a nice set of NiMH AAs.
Old December 11th 04, 09:13 PM
Alex Clayton

wrote:

What kind of batteries do these use? I have not seen this on any of the
sites that list them. Do they use regular AA batteries?
--
If at first you don't succeed blame someone else and seek counseling.

It comes with a nice set of NiMH AAs.

Great, thanks. I was starting to worry it was going to be one of those
proprietary battery packs, since I could not find anywhere what it took.
--
If at first you don't succeed blame someone else and seek counseling.

Old December 13th 04, 05:14 AM
Greg

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:13:30 GMT, "Alex Clayton"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

What kind of batteries do these use? I have not seen this on any of the
sites that list them. Do they use regular AA batteries?
--
If at first you don't succeed blame someone else and seek counseling.

It comes with a nice set of NiMH AAs.

Great, thanks. I was starting to worry it was going to be one of those
proprietary battery packs, since I could not find anywhere what it took.

Yeah it's nice that they went this route. Especially nice because I've
got several gadgets now that all use NiMH AAs...can always swap out
when one needs charging!

So far the only thing I don't like about the radio is that the keys
aren't backlit. Not a huge issue, but it'd be nice.

I went ahead and registered the programming software from Uniden. It's
pretty crappy (hopefully Butel's will be better!) But even with it
being sucky, it's pretty much necessary. Programming this thing by
hand would be unbearable.
Old December 13th 04, 06:02 PM
Alex Clayton

"Greg" wrote in message
Yeah it's nice that they went this route. Especially nice because I've
got several gadgets now that all use NiMH AAs...can always swap out
when one needs charging!

So far the only thing I don't like about the radio is that the keys
aren't backlit. Not a huge issue, but it'd be nice.

I went ahead and registered the programming software from Uniden. It's
pretty crappy (hopefully Butel's will be better!) But even with it
being sucky, it's pretty much necessary. Programming this thing by
hand would be unbearable.

Oh ya I love the NiMH batteries, I use them in everything now days.
I would imagine someone will come up with some better software shortly as
long as the radios sell which they should. I only care about the local
police here so I have never bothered with getting software for my 95, I just
liked the way this one looked to be so much smaller. Will make it easier to
carry.
--
If at first you don't succeed blame someone else and seek counseling.

Old December 18th 04, 11:57 PM
BILLY

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 18:38:28 GMT, Dwayne wrote:

In article , curly@---
remove---this---insightbb.com says...
I've seen $214.95 with ups ground shipping on usascan.com ...has
anyone else found a better price?

http://www.bearcatscanner.com/ Has it for 199.96 + 8.00 shipping.

I got mine yesterday for that price. total with ups gndtrak shipping
was 208. never tracked trunks b4. I think I should have got the
software also, but I bet it would be better if I waited for a month or
so, so that versions are at least 1.0 and not in beta test.

Billy, N5WE
Mississippi