Old February 14th 05, 08:31 PM
bear

Default BC296D handling caution

I just got my Uniden BC296D back from repair and thought to save others my
experience.

My radio fell about five inches (it was standing on a 2-inch-thick Post-It
stack on my desk which got bumped) onto the head of a small screw. The
accident put a barely-perceptible little dent in the aluminum face of the
radio just beneath the display, and SHATTERED the display! The radio would
not even turn on.

Uniden took just under TWO MONTHS to return the radio to me after I FedExed
it to them (Christmas was admittedly in the middle of that time) and charged
US$60 to repair the two-month-old radio.

Unless mine was an unusual freak accident hitting precisely the wrong spot,
the front panel of this radio around the display should be considered very
tender. I won't likely wear it on my belt any more - the risk of bumping the
fragile face into something is too high.

Hope this saves someone else the hassle.

Uniden BC296D Digital Scanner (* For Sale *) Doug Matulis Scanner 2 September 9th 04 12:24 AM
BC296D vs Pro 96 Steven Lasher Scanner 1 March 14th 04 11:18 AM
FA: FA: Brand new Uniden BC296D and BC795D Radioman Scanner 0 February 28th 04 09:06 PM
BC296D Tune Mode? Richard Kuhler Scanner 1 January 18th 04 04:57 AM
eBay Bidder's = CAUTION { Only Half a } Kiwa MW Air Core Loop Antenna RHF Shortwave 2 November 29th 03 08:01 PM