Old February 22nd 05, 06:05 AM
Jacko

Default Radio Cradle

Looking for a radio holder to mount to side of comp monitor. Think a cell
phone cradle would be a decent holder for the 246T? Lots of cell phone
holders out there but not seeing one specifically made for mounting at the
side of your monitor. Any ideas or links where to look would be great -
thanks!

Jacko

Old February 23rd 05, 06:18 AM
jon

Hey Jacko! I am not sure about a holder for the side of your monitor,
but before you buy anything make sure your monitor is not going to put
rf into your scanner and mess up reception. I have had a problem with
that with several monitors. Just something to think about. Have a
great week! Jon.

Old February 23rd 05, 07:25 AM
Mike Tschel.

"jon" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Jacko! I am not sure about a holder for the side of your monitor,
but before you buy anything make sure your monitor is not going to put
rf into your scanner and mess up reception. I have had a problem with
that with several monitors. Just something to think about. Have a
great week! Jon.

I'm with Jon on this one. I really can't think of a *worse* place to mount a
sensitive radio receiver.

Hell, even my laptop puts out a ton of RF.

You'll need to either re-think your application, or be damn certain your
computer monitor has been 'tin-foil' shielded. (That is, create a metalic
shield between the radio and monitor - some folks use generic tinfoil.)

Good luck,
Mike T.