Old March 16th 05, 06:17 AM
T-bone

Default Alinco DJ-X2000

Just got this beast in today.
Initial impressions - One helluva scanner.
My unit appears to be defective in that it turns itself off and on seemingly
radomly.
Would much rather have a mechanical on/off switch than the little push button
thing.
Is a beast to program - Spent an hour or so just figuring out how to enter a
single freq, and though I have it set in English mode, alot of the menu and
LCD display are still in Jap.
Yes, it is the full functioned Jap version.
It appears it will be a major project to program 100's of freqs.

Haven't had a chance to try the flash tune, but the freq counter was
registering all my various wireless devices, though it didn't register my
cell phone or cordless [suppose they are a bit out of its range].
One major turnoff is its mega annoying noisy squelch tail - A shocking
ommision in a receiver of this class.
Otherwise, the audio sounds great and is quite loud, though once again it
takes a bit of work even to turn up/down the volume or squelch, requiring
both hands to do.

Was wondering if anyone suceeded in making a serial port/2.5 mini patch cable
to enable it to be programmed via computer.
I dl'ed the software, and it looks pretty damn good.
I can see where this will be a major headache saver, and will plop down
another $40 to get this cable if I can't make one myself.
My old digital camera uses a cable that connects to the serial port, and
terminates in a 2.5, just like the 2000 needs, but it didn't work.
I suppose Alinco made some kind of proprietary pinout scheme to force people
to pay a ridiculous price to buy their 'special' cable.

Old March 16th 05, 12:19 PM
Bob Parnass

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:17:11 +0000, T-bone wrote:

Just got this beast in today.
... Yes, it is the full functioned Jap version.
It appears it will be a major project to program 100's of freqs.

One major turnoff is its mega annoying noisy squelch tail - A shocking
ommision in a receiver of this class.

The USA version DJ-X2000T I tested (s/n T000530) in June 2001 Monitoring
Times had the same long squelch tail. I measured it to be 110
milliseconds.

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com

Old March 16th 05, 02:08 PM
KC8GXW

I have the Icom cable that I use on an Icom T-90 also used on an Alinco
DJ-X2000 and a Pro-96

http://www.pro-92.com/pcifcablec.htm
http://www.starrsoft.com/software/wi...es/cables.html

Old March 16th 05, 03:58 PM
T-bone

KC8GXW whoever@wherever wrote in
:

I have the Icom cable that I use on an Icom T-90 also used on an Alinco
DJ-X2000 and a Pro-96

http://www.pro-92.com/pcifcablec.htm
http://www.starrsoft.com/software/wi...es/cables.html

Thanks for the info - I'll give that a shot.

T-bone wrote:
[...]

Some final questions on Alinco DJ-X2000 before purchasing Michael J. Scanner 4 December 21st 04 10:13 PM
Alinco DJ-X10T FS Scan Da Bands Equipment 0 November 15th 04 02:00 AM
FA: Alinco EMS-8 speaker/mic Joe Swap 0 November 12th 03 01:34 AM
WTB: Alinco Mobile Radio Microphone Larry Johnson Swap 2 November 9th 03 02:20 AM
FS: Alinco 605TQ Gary Simms Swap 0 July 21st 03 05:23 PM