Old March 20th 05, 11:19 PM
Brenda Ann

wrote in message ...

wrote:

On Tuesday September 11, 2001, another one of the three top sins of the

universe
occurred. Our species, Homo sapiens, blatantly caused approximately 578

species
of the web of life to go extinct. This extinction rate equals one species

of
life going extinct every 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Name 10 animal species that have gone extinct in the last 100 years.

(Cue sound of silence, followed by sputtering and flaming but no list...)

A whole page of just extinct mammals:

http://www.petermaas.nl/extinct/english.htm
Birds:

Carolina parakeet (Conuropsis carolinensis carolinensis)
Formerly found in: Southeastern United States
Extinct about 1920

Heath Hen (Tympanuchus cupido cupido)
Formerly found in: Eastern United States
Extinct in 1932

Passenger Pigeon (Ectopistes migratorius)
Formerly found in: Central and eastern North America
Extinct in 1914

Laysen Rail 1944

Lanai Thrush 1931

Laysen Millerbird 1923

Fish:

Blackfin cisco
(Coregonus nigripinnis)
Formerly found in: Lakes Huron, Michigan, Ontario, and Superior
Extinct in 1960s

Blue pike
(Stizostedion vitreum glacum)
Formerly found in: Lakes Erie and Ontario
Declared extinct in 1983

Deepwater cisco
(Coregonus johannae)
Formerly found in: Lakes Huron and Michigan
Extinct in 1960s

Longjaw cisco
(Coregonus alpenae)
Formerly found in: Lakes Erie, Huron, and Michigan
Declared extinct in 1983

Clams:

Leafshell
(Epioblasma flexuosa)
Formerly found in: Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee
Has not been found alive in over 75 years and since 1988 has been considered
extinct

Round combshell
(Epioblasma personata)
Formerly found in: Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio
Has not been found alive in over 75 years and since 1988 has been considered
extinct

Sampson's pearlymussel (Wabash riffleshell)
Epioblasma sampsonii
Formerly found in: Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky
Declared extinct in 1984

Scioto pigtoe
(Pleurobema bournianum)
Formerly found in: Ohio

Tennessee riffleshell
(Epioblasma propinqua)

Old March 20th 05, 11:47 PM
Dan Conti

Laid in?

I thought you said you knew how to speak English.
Take your little pay pal and ebay scams elsewhere you muskrat buggering git.

Isn't it SO easy to be a big man and call people silly names while
hiding behind anonymity?

Contact me off group, via e-mail and we'll arrange to meet.

Let's see how your BIG MOUTH works then, jerkoff.

Dan
Old March 20th 05, 11:48 PM
Phaselock Ohms

How does all the below relate to the subject title
Just curious (;-)

--
Elementary Ya All
Phaselock Ohms

wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:50:46 +0000, in alt.marketing.online.ebay

On Tuesday September 11, 2001, another one of the three top sins of the
universe
occurred. Our species, Homo sapiens, blatantly caused approximately 578
species
of the web of life to go extinct. This extinction rate equals one species
of
life going extinct every 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Name 10 animal species that have gone extinct in the last 100 years.

Recent Extinctions
New Zealand Little Bittern Ixobrychus novaezelandiae
Auckland Island Merganser Mergus australis
Chatham Island Rail Rallus modestus
Laughing Owl Sceloglaux albifacies
Bush Wren Xenicus longpipes
Stephens Island Wren Traversia lyalli
Chatham Island Fernbird Bowdleria rufescens
Huia Heteralocha acutirostris
Piopio Turnagra capensis
New Zealand Quail Coturnix novaezelandiae novaezelandia
Dieffenbach's Rail Rallus philippensis dieffenbachii
Stewart Island Snipe Coenocorypha aucklandica iredalei
Little Barrier Snipe Coenocorypha aucklandica barrierensis
Chatham Island Bellbird Anthornis melanura melanocephala
South Island Kokako Callaeas cinerea cinerea

Old March 20th 05, 11:48 PM
Dan Conti

Phaselock Ohms wrote:
How does all the below relate to the subject title
Just curious (;-)

It doesn't.

This makes my point about how much horse**** is tolerated here,

yet they dime ME out for a few FA posts.

It's unreal and laughable.

Dan
Old March 20th 05, 11:51 PM
Dan Conti

You would know if you had taken my advice and read the rules
at ebay and PayPal. It takes less than an hour, and many folks
here will be glad to answer specific questions.

Or you can learn by having your auctions cancelled and wondering why.

Yep, that ONE auction was cancelled.

First and LAST time that will happen.

They still have not responded to my inquiry, but HAVE credited the
listing fees, so this WAS a very cheap education.

Re-listed the item on eBay yesterday, and STAYED FAR AWAY from these
groups. Item sold last night using Buy It Now for a very good price.

Proving as opthers have said here, that you don't need newsgroup
postings for an item to sell well on eBay.

Syanora

Dan

Old March 21st 05, 12:09 AM
Dan Conti

..

OK - Here's the reason's I've seen that might have
gotten your listing pulled.

1 - Posting on a not allowed newsgroup. AMOE is one.
Even though you didn't originally post there, it got
here and if someone busts you for it, eBay doesn't
do a ton of research. They just kill the listing.

Nothing AT ALL to do with the FA eBay posting was EVER made on this
newsgroup. It was only made on alt.radio.scanner, rec.radio.scanner,
and rec.radio.swap.

Thank a trouble maker from one of THOSE groups for cross posting here,
not me. Before this started, I didn't even know this eBay newsgroup
existed, but I'm glad I found it. Very informative.

So, that shoots down number 1.

2 - PayPal fee. Someone suggested that you were
charging an additional $10 fee for PayPal. I didn't
see that in you one listing I saw. I don't know if
you did do that or not.

There was NEVER a mention of the buyer paying the PAYPAL fee in the eBay
auction.

That shoots down number 2.

3 - Prohibited item. Both of those scanners are
questionable about their continuous coverage. You
know, I'm sure, the IF trick that allows
them to rcv the cellphone freqs. The literature here
and there on the net about those radios uses terms
like "Continuous Band Coverage". That might not mean
the same thing as "Continuous Coverage" but I'm betting
that Daisy and Justin and Sean in Bombay aren't xtra
class amateurs or 1st class commercials and understand
the difference. If it does NOT violate the CC rule,
state that in the listing - "This radio is NOT capable
of tuning cellphone frequencies" or something similar.
Even though, in real life, they are if you know the
IF trick.

The scanner I was selling DOES NOT allow for any of that, it is
IMPOSSIBLE on current scanners, and has been for quite some time. Never
mentioned anything about coninuous coverage in the auction, because, it
is impossible. There are MANY auctions going for the very same scanner
right now without a problem.

Number 3 goes down in flames.

4 - Competitor seller. VERO/NODI whatever. There's no
telling how that can influence a sale. And there's not
much any seller can do to innoculate themself against
it.

Possibly, but I doubt it. I;ve sold many scanner and radios over the
years, and never had a problem from a "competitor".. I am NOT a radio
dealer, just an individual selling equipment. But, let's say number 4
is a longshot, maybe.

5 - Your general attitude. Dan, you are not coming
across like a level headed adult. You've posted several
dozen (hundred?), sometimes very childish rants and
threats about how you will "flood" the newsgroups with
the re-list/sale of this scanner. That's like someone
keying up the repeater just because they don't like
the person currently in the QSO. Behavior like that
makes it easier for people to say "well I would have
just let it go but this guy is ****ing me off. I'm
gonna complain to eBay" (or your ISP or whoever).

Yes, I probably let my temper get the best of me initially, but that was
AFTER the auction got dumped. Prior to that, I simply posted short,
congenial posts USING FA as many people like, SO THEY CAN FILTER THEM
OUT SUPPOSEDLY, and went about my busniess. Even when Never Anonymous
Bud jumped in stating the price was too high, and calling me names, I
stayed out of it and did not respond.

Number 5 goes down in flames.

AMOE is primarily eBay sellers. Some of the sellers
here base all or a large part of their livelyhood
on the eBay system. Many of us have had items pulled
for various reasons. Instead of foaming at the mouth
and promising to "flood the newsgroups" those successful
sellers simply evaluated what it was that probably
went wrong and corrected it. The foot stomping and
screaming does nobody any good and it only serves
to make you appear less desirable as another
eBay seller.

My complaints and ranting began AFTER I was wronged by someone in the
radio scanner newsgroups, not from anyone here.

I would hazard a guess that you got busted by
SEVERAL of the people on AMOE who are quite
good at knowing the rules and reporting the
offenses. I have no idea what the other
radio related groups demographics are like
but it's probably reasonable to assume that
they too have some netcops who busted
you as well. Right or wrong, fair or unfair.

Impossible. As I said above and will reiterate, I NEVER posted ANYTHING
on this AMOE newsgroup. Nothing, no FA, nothing. DIDN't know it existed
until AFTER my eBay auction was cancelled. Go through the archive and
see for yourself.

Bottom line - You got busted. Fairly or
otherwise. Spitting and stomping about
it does you absolutely NO good. It increases
the negative image of you on this and likely
the other newsgroups.

That leaves me with the most plausible reason, someone from the radio
groups got a bug up his / her arse because of the FA post, and because
they played god and thought the auction was getting a higher price then
they deserved. Period.

It was a rotten thing to do, but you're right, this was a learnign
experience. I don't regret ranting and raving, it broguth out a good
discussion, and reinforced what I already knew about these newsgroups.

I really don't care about a reputation on newsgroups, trust me....From
some of the crap I've seen people post, and what is TOLERATED, I'm not
worrying.

I re-posted the item on eBay and it went in less then a day using Buy It
Now. So muc for my reputation and marketing skills.

Thanks for your input.

Dan

Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get back
to joking and being sarcastic, which is my
job. I don't care for this touchy feely stuff.

Stop cross posting.

Stop ranting.

Buy my album.

Lumpy
--
Silver Donuts For Your Ears.
Now with hidden CW messages

Old March 21st 05, 01:33 AM
Dan Conti

Good, glad to hear it. Now we can enjoy the scanning groups as previously every
other message was you hawking your wares. Maybe more people will join the
groups now too instead of quitting in disgust because of all your spam.

Hey Fred...

Every other message? You consider 2 seperate FA posts for scanners
within MONTHS of each other every other message?

Shoe us examples of all these posts from me , every other message, every
day, every week.

Radio people with any brains have left those silly groups LONG ago and
now inhabit Strong Signals and the Yahoo groups where there is
moderation, and yes, FS and FA posts are allowed and tolerated, but all
the other horsehit and whiny nonsense found on these groups is not.

Don't get so caught up in the fever of blasting me, and think before you
post next time.

Dan
Old March 21st 05, 01:34 AM
Dan Conti

Yeah but Danny boy I'm the one who bid on it and I've just left you negative
feedback.

Yea, and it's you who just paid me promptly in full using PAYPAL?

Is it really rough having NO life? How is it in that dark room without
your pants on?

Dan
Old March 21st 05, 01:40 AM
_@_._

Dan Conti wrote:

You would know if you had taken my advice and read the rules
at ebay and PayPal. It takes less than an hour, and many folks
here will be glad to answer specific questions.

Or you can learn by having your auctions cancelled and wondering why.

Yep, that ONE auction was cancelled.

First and LAST time that will happen.

So let's get this straight...

You WON'T read the eBay/PayPal documentation the find out what the
rules are (we know that because you said you don't know what a
powerseller is, and it is impossible to find out the rules without
learning that)

But you are 100% sure that you won't ever break one.

Riiiiight.

You will be back, ****ing and moaning about another rat scumbag
dropping a dime on your newsgroup listings.