Old April 23rd 05, 12:31 AM
DougSlug

Well, you have a point...but I didn't think it was all that great a scanner.
I sold it for $125 a year ago...

"BDK" wrote in message
And what scanner compares for 129.99??

BDK

Old April 23rd 05, 03:58 AM
Bo Williams

BDK wrote:

I would say it's one of the all time greats, and I've had a hell of a
lot of handhelds. To be honest, I have a 93, not a lot of difference. I
have programmed about a half dozen of 95s for people and they all worked
great.

I'm not sure what could really be better, except maybe freq coverage.

I've used mine daily ever since I got it.

It'll take me probably another month to teach my new Icom IC-R20 all I
want it to know, but even when I get done with it, I'll run it at the
same time as my PRO-95.

I am really loving the IC-R20, btw. I'll write a more detailed review
after I've used it for a while, but so far it's just a joy to use.
--
Bo Williams -
http://hiwaay.net/~williams/
Old April 22nd 05, 04:53 PM
Bill Crocker

Keeping things in perspective, the price of the PRO-95 has gradually been
lowered over it's lifetime. As I recall, when it was first introduced, it
was around $300.00. It's a lot of scanner for $129.99.

Bill Crocker

"DougSlug" wrote in message
Geez, that's not much of a close-out price, though. I bought mine on sale
for $149 a couple of years ago. At half that price, they'd be a
reasonable close-out deal.

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
Radio Shack is discontinuing the PRO-95 (GRE Mfg), Cat. #20-525 Hand-Held
Scanner @ $129.99!

Old April 22nd 05, 05:14 PM
Alex Clayton

"DougSlug" wrote in message
Geez, that's not much of a close-out price, though. I bought mine on
sale for $149 a couple of years ago. At half that price, they'd be a
reasonable close-out deal.

It's called supply and demand. If they sell well for $130.00 they will sell
them for that. If sales slow, and they have lot's of them in the pipeline,
the price will drop.
--
Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent!!