Old April 22nd 05, 05:14 PM
Alex Clayton

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
Keeping things in perspective, the price of the PRO-95 has gradually been
lowered over it's lifetime. As I recall, when it was first introduced, it
was around $300.00. It's a lot of scanner for $129.99.

Bill Crocker

"DougSlug" wrote in message
Geez, that's not much of a close-out price, though. I bought mine on
sale for $149 a couple of years ago. At half that price, they'd be a
reasonable close-out deal.

It's called supply and demand. If they sell well for $130.00 they will sell
them for that. If sales slow, and they have lot's of them in the pipeline,
the price will drop.
--
Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent!!

Old April 23rd 05, 12:31 AM
DougSlug

Well, you have a point...but I didn't think it was all that great a scanner.
I sold it for $125 a year ago...

"BDK" wrote in message
And what scanner compares for 129.99??

BDK

Old April 23rd 05, 03:58 AM
Bo Williams

BDK wrote:

I would say it's one of the all time greats, and I've had a hell of a
lot of handhelds. To be honest, I have a 93, not a lot of difference. I
have programmed about a half dozen of 95s for people and they all worked
great.

I'm not sure what could really be better, except maybe freq coverage.

I've used mine daily ever since I got it.

It'll take me probably another month to teach my new Icom IC-R20 all I
want it to know, but even when I get done with it, I'll run it at the
same time as my PRO-95.

I am really loving the IC-R20, btw. I'll write a more detailed review
after I've used it for a while, but so far it's just a joy to use.
--
Bo Williams -
http://hiwaay.net/~williams/
Old April 23rd 05, 05:02 AM
Dan Morisseau

Jeff Seale kvetched:

Didn't they just 'update' that thing recently? I saw a new version of it in
Radio Shack a few days ago. All the changes are cosmetic however. Some of
the buttons on the keyboard have been moved around and colorized and the
case is light gray as opposed to black. It's still got the same ol' crummy
GRE innards though.

Guys -

Please do not feed the trolls.