Old April 26th 05, 04:56 AM
Shonc182

Default Nu-B Post: Problem scanning Portland, OR

I am a novice at scanning to say the least, but I have a BC785D that I
listen to police and fire in the Portland, OR metro area. Just recently I
am unable to receive City of Portland police or fire. It is a Motorola type
II trunked system that I have always listened to.

I can only assume that I have changed some setting in the scanner that does
not allow me to scan the ID lists. I can still search and receive the talk
groups, but it does not appear to be scanning my ID lists. I use ARC250
software that I program the scanner with, so I went back and reloaded the
frequencies and lists, but this did not work. I have other trunked systems
in other banks that still receive fine. I have compared the settings for
the banks that don't work to the banks that do - they appear to be the same.

Is there something basic I can check? or is it possible that this could be
something on the radio system's end? Any help would be greatly
appreciated!