Old May 12th 05, 05:16 AM
Bo Williams

Default PRO-95 "many banks" software?

I love the Win95 software for my PRO-95, and I have a lot of fun with
it. It's cool, and the price is unbeatable.

That said, what would be really SUPER cool--and worth $20 to me,
maybe--is the ability to save as many banks as you like, and then pull
any ten into the scanner easily. Is there a way to do that and I just
don't know about it? I save every Win95 file I come up with right now,
just to make sure I don't lose anything I want later--but if I could
peel banks off, save them, and pull them back into the radio whenever I
wanted, I wouldn't have to do that and I could build the perfect
frequency set effortlessly for any situation.

BTW, the "close-out" PRO-95 is up to $149.99, and the PRO-97 is up to
$219.99, from $199.99 two weeks ago.
--
Bo Williams -
http://hiwaay.net/~williams/
Old May 13th 05, 01:27 AM
Elephant

Bo Williams wrote:

I love the Win95 software for my PRO-95, and I have a lot of fun with
it. It's cool, and the price is unbeatable.

That said, what would be really SUPER cool--and worth $20 to me,
maybe--is the ability to save as many banks as you like, and then pull
any ten into the scanner easily. Is there a way to do that and I just
don't know about it? I save every Win95 file I come up with right now,
just to make sure I don't lose anything I want later--but if I could
peel banks off, save them, and pull them back into the radio whenever I
wanted, I wouldn't have to do that and I could build the perfect
frequency set effortlessly for any situation.

BTW, the "close-out" PRO-95 is up to $149.99, and the PRO-97 is up to
$219.99, from $199.99 two weeks ago.
--
Bo Williams -
http://hiwaay.net/~williams/

That's an easy one, Bo. I do this all the time.

Simply save your banks with a descriptive file name.

Example: Load all of your PD info including trunking info
and then save it as PD.p95

Lets say you have another 10 banks that you want as
fire only. Load the frequencies and then click on
"save as" and give it a description like FIRE.p95

When you want to listen to a particular item, simply open the file,
upload it to the scanner and enjoy!

When I travel, I have various city files. When I'm in Phoenix, I
simply upload the PHX.p95 file into the scanner. When I go to Omaha,
I simply upload the OMA.p95 file. All frequencies, trunking info, ect
is saved.

By the way, did you know that the stored files along with the
program itself is small enough to fit on a floppy disk? So, when you
travel, just take the disk with you. That is, if you can still find
a computer that has a floppy drive Of course, you have to take
the transfer cable with you.
Old May 27th 05, 10:37 AM
Bill Carty

you could also put everything into a usb memory card/flash drive.

What wouold be slick and since the technology is here or about here is to
have a USB flash drive port on a scanner that you could program a scanner by
just hooking up the usb flash drive and touch a couple of buttons on the
scanenr.

Think how slick that would be!

Bill Carty