Old August 25th 05, 04:17 AM
JJ

Barb wrote:
"Ray Colvill" wrote in message
No new models from them for while in the scanner arena.

The website has no scanners on the front page any more.

They seemed to have branched in another direction.

Any one know any more about what's up.

It reflects the current market - as in not much call for scanners now in the
UK. Let's face it, people only bought them to listen to police, phones and
PMR. Now a lot of it has gone digital and the only real enthusiasts are
left, they only form a small percentage of the market. So companies have
decided not to flog a dead horse so to speak. There is no point in bringing
out new models when there is no real demand for current models. Sales have
fallen consistently.
That's about it. If anyone else thinks differently then fine. Try selling
a scanner now, people ask "what can I listen to" and the reply is a very
short one! Not much.
We have to face facts and companies have, so that's why you're no longer
seeing any new models!
It's a shame really. Scanning has gone the same way as CB radio in the UK.

I can't argue with anything you said ... yeah, we're being phased-out,
but I spend lots of quality time with my MK3, even though I suspect it
is the last scanner I'll ever buy.

Maybe scanning isn't what it used to be, but every range in my neck of
the woods is still alive with non-stop action. In fact, I have it on
bank scan right now, and it's chirping like a songbird.

Sometimes I'd like to add a trunking unit, and Uniden is making it
mighty tempting, but frankly, I really don't think I need one.

Old August 25th 05, 07:19 AM
PromaBoss

the unidens have many feautures but the trunking they have is for USA
systems,some do work on the current 3 systems in UK using the same protocol

but we dont buy unidens now pimarily for trunking

memories the latesdt ones have 1500-5500 mems[dpeendant on model]
alpha tagging
ctcss
dcs
excellant scanniung and search facitilities
and close calll whixh is a freq counter with audio,you go into town orr
indeed on this one in a reasonable area you can sit at home and depening on
aerial used it can sniff freqs out and you listen to the audio

on my bc246 on an active aerial in the loft i have aircaft round
bovindon/barrkway/brookmans park at 30,000 ft come in on the close call,or
working stanted or luton or local airfields or compoany ops etc or indeed i
see 2 aircraft in formation and suddenly my counter clocks the freq in use.

AOR sting you for £70 for a card to just do ctcss and its a pretty poor
quality arrangememnt at that,very hit and miss
£70 for more memories
£70 for softwarre and lead

btw lead comes with latest modela.

at the time AOR8200 came out ctcss was being put on radios like thw yause
vx1,a tiny little radio,so tell me why AOR did not add into the
radio,already icom and others wee alsoe adding into small radios,yet the AOR
commes out and then the base AOR8600 and again an add on at great
expense,sorrry i dont think thats a good way to treat customerrs,squeezing
money out of them for thigs that were added into other sets.

Old September 1st 05, 04:47 PM
Mike Cawood, HND BIT

"Ray Colvill" wrote in message
No new models from them for while in the scanner arena.

The website has no scanners on the front page any more.

They seemed to have branched in another direction.

Any one know any more about what's up.

I'm a bit surprised by that, but as they've put the old MVT-7100 back
into production, I guess they've no spare manufacturing capacity.
Still there are plenty of other makes out there with some excellent new
model scanners.
Regards Mike.

Old October 19th 05, 09:34 PM
Danny Travers

Default Yupiteru new models very scarce

criky i have just bought the 7100 at maplin in aberdeen cos it was the best
in the shop. not much of a boost 4 me readin yor message