Old September 1st 05, 07:47 PM
Not a Steven fan

I sure wouldn't say $50 to $72 is high for these... that was a $150 to $200
scanner on Ebay 3-5 years ago when cell monitoring was popular. If you can
get a nice one for around current Ebay values, then go for it.

"Buzzygirl" wrote in message

If the consensus is that it's a good performer, I may just end up keeping
it, since we have very little trunked scanner activity in my listening
area
anyway. But I need another scanner like I need un agujero en la cabeza...

Old September 3rd 05, 05:44 AM
Al Klein

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:43:53 -0500, "Buzzygirl"
said in rec.radio.scanner:

I have enough radio-related items to fill a bug-out bag, and then some. All
I really need is to get a decent waterproof backpack and put the stuff I
have into it. Need to buy some more batteries though; lots more batteries.
Perhaps a portable power supply as well.

A 12-volt power supply and a car cord for every piece of equipment (or
enough universal cords to run anything you might want to run
simultaneously).

Alternatively, an inverter and AC wall warts for everything.

Make sure that you have every cable, adapter, antenna, mount,
programming CD, etc., in that bag too. It's not really great to get
somewhere only to realize that you just need the SMA-BNC adapter (or
something else Radio Shack never carried) to use the only scanner that
can receive xxx - and you don't have one with you. It's also nice if
the bag has a pocket you can keep paperwork safe in.
Old September 5th 05, 07:19 PM
krackula

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:30:06 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:49:52 -0700, krackula wrote:

What is your source for the claim that the FCC is going eliminate
analog 800 MHz cellular usage? I want to follow-up on it. Thanks.

try this site at the bottom of the page

http://www.privateline.com/Cellbasics/Cellbasics.html

or read the FCC document here ......
http://www.privateline.com/Cellbasic...ogcellular.doc

or .......
http://www.heavydutytrucking.com/2002/11/068a0211.asp

if you have an analog cellfone, after late 2007 , there will be
NO requirement for service providers to keep it alive. all big
metro providers need the BW for their more popular and profitable
digital phones. probably , in out lying areas and from small
providers, analog service will last a bit longer as they will
be slow to buy new equipment. it was a blast while it lasted,
but the " fat lady " is singing loud and clear !!!! ;^)

hope you don't have " onstar " ha hahah aha ha a

k...............

Old September 7th 05, 03:41 AM
Al Klein

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 23:00:10 +1000, Barry OGrady
said in rec.radio.scanner:

The Pro-34 has a sensitive receiver but it overloads easily.

That seems to be a trademark of GRE.

Also, it has almost no image rejection.

10.7 MHz IF - so the lack of image rejection above 107 MHz isn't
surprising. (10:1, which is one reason for multiple conversion
receivers - it's difficult to get narrow bandwidth with a 90 MHz IF.)
Old September 10th 05, 01:36 PM
Al Klein

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:30:06 GMT, [email protected] said in
rec.radio.scanner:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:49:52 -0700, krackula wrote:

What is your source for the claim that the FCC is going eliminate
analog 800 MHz cellular usage? I want to follow-up on it. Thanks.

It's been in the works for years. You must have been living on Mars
all this time.