Old October 23rd 05, 04:14 PM
Doug Mitton

Default Ontario Canada Ambulance Frequencies?!?!

Last week the local Eastern Ontario EMT/Ambulance services (Brockville
and Kingston area) switched to a new frequency. They were on 150.100
Mhz and they disappeared in 1 day.

Does anyone know of any references to what they may have switched to
and any links to scanning them?

Thanks in advance.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/dmitton
SPAM Reduction: Remove "x." from my domain.
Old October 24th 05, 02:11 AM
HotShot

Yes, they're on the fleetnet trunking system now.

If you do a google search you'll find them.

Mind you there's only one website that has all the information your
looking for so I suggest finding that one.

Old October 24th 05, 06:35 AM
Al Klein

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:11:11 -0400, HotShot
said in rec.radio.scanner:

Doug Mitton wrote:
Last week the local Eastern Ontario EMT/Ambulance services (Brockville
and Kingston area) switched to a new frequency. They were on 150.100
Mhz and they disappeared in 1 day.

Does anyone know of any references to what they may have switched to
and any links to scanning them?

Yes, they're on the fleetnet trunking system now.

If you do a google search you'll find them.

Mind you there's only one website that has all the information your
looking for so I suggest finding that one.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&action=regexp&regexp=fleetn et
might have the information.
Old October 25th 05, 11:49 PM
Doug Mitton

said in rec.radio.scanner:

Doug Mitton wrote:
Last week the local Eastern Ontario EMT/Ambulance services (Brockville
and Kingston area) switched to a new frequency. They were on 150.100
Mhz and they disappeared in 1 day.

Does anyone know of any references to what they may have switched to
and any links to scanning them?

Yes, they're on the fleetnet trunking system now.

If you do a google search you'll find them.

Mind you there's only one website that has all the information your
looking for so I suggest finding that one.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&action=regexp&regexp=fleetn et
might have the information.

Thank you! Looks like I have some studying to do! :-)

Old November 12th 05, 06:44 PM
Charlie

Hi Doug,

Did you happen to find the new ambulance channel for Leeds and Grenville
or know a range that I can search? I can't find anything usable on
www.radioreference.com or maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Paul :-)

--
To reply, change the "DOT" to a "." and canada to "ca".

Old November 13th 05, 01:17 PM
Doug Mitton

No, I haven't yet. I was just going to type in a range of frequencies
as listed in the tables in the link below and see if I hear anything.
I don't have a digital trunk scanner so I'm not sure if it will work
or not.

The tables don't mention Leeds and Grenville BUT do mention Prescott
and Winchester. I really haven't read up enough yet. Maybe someone
else will step in with more info.

Old November 13th 05, 01:47 PM
Charlie

Hi Doug,

Prescott ambulance is covered by Leeds & Grenville Fire Control in
Brockville but still dispatched by the province out of Kingston,
Winchester is covered out of Ottawa.

Paul :-)

Old November 13th 05, 08:08 PM
Doug Mitton

I still get the fire department fine, OPP still seems active on one of
their old repeaters and Brockville Police still use the old frequency
(Provincial Common) quite often; BUT I haven't found ambulance yet BUT
I haven't been doing a lot of searching either. Maybe I should just
add in the Prescott frequency and see what happens. :-)

Old November 14th 05, 09:37 PM
Charlie

Hi Doug,

Don't get rid of 150.100 yet, I heard the Kingston dispatcher using it
today to communicate with an air ambulance...

Paul :-)

Old November 15th 05, 10:52 PM
Doug Mitton

Doug Mitton wrote:
I still get the fire department fine, OPP still seems active on one of
their old repeaters and Brockville Police still use the old frequency
(Provincial Common) quite often; BUT I haven't found ambulance yet BUT
I haven't been doing a lot of searching either. Maybe I should just
add in the Prescott frequency and see what happens. :-)

Thanks for the info. I don't typically delete any as I still have
fair capacity in my IC-T90A. Thats why I still leave the OPP in there
as well ... they still fall back to the old system.

I do have to get this new one figured out though!