Old October 29th 05, 10:50 PM
John Schneider

Default Fa - Icom R20

I have an absolutely mint R20 for auction...

Old October 30th 05, 07:14 PM
Bill Crocker

Thanks for the heads-up Evan! I retracted my bid.

Bill Crocker

"Evan Platt" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:50:06 -0400, John Schneider
wrote:

I have an absolutely mint R20 for auction...

Wow... $28 for priority mail??

Padding the shipping a bit there?
From Shoreham, NY to my zip code, a 9 pound package is $17.50 Priority
Mail according to USPS.

By your calculations, the scanner weighs 15 pounds, which is what USPS
says would cost $28 to ship to me.

Old October 31st 05, 02:11 AM
Jesse

Evan Platt wrote in
:

wrote:

I have an absolutely mint R20 for auction...

Wow... $28 for priority mail??

Padding the shipping a bit there?
From Shoreham, NY to my zip code, a 9 pound package is $17.50 Priority
Mail according to USPS.

By your calculations, the scanner weighs 15 pounds, which is what USPS
says would cost $28 to ship to me.

Was calculated as $16.20 to my location which [MI], if insured, sounds in the
ballpark.
And if that $25 rebate is legit, sounds pretty good.
Don't need this though, as I have a Canadian bought Alinco DJ-X2000.
Old October 31st 05, 02:13 AM
Jesse

"Bill Crocker" wrote in news:lbKdnQkxdrEohvjeRVn-
:

Thanks for the heads-up Evan! I retracted my bid.

Bill Crocker

I'm in MI too, and s&h was $16.20.

Old October 31st 05, 11:20 AM
Al Klein

wrote:

I have an absolutely mint R20 for auction...

Wow... $28 for priority mail??

Padding the shipping a bit there?

A bit?

I can walk to Shoreham (it's about 7 miles) and the calculator says
$11.05 to zip 11764.

Padded more than just a bit.

Old October 31st 05, 03:42 PM
John Schneider

I have no idea how that happened and I thank everyone for the heads up !!!

I will not charge anymore than my cost for shipping. handling...I have
the orinal double-box set-up that I received the radio in from Lentinis and
that,s how it will be sent.

I will see what I can do about modifying that part of the auction listing.

Thanks again.

John

Old October 31st 05, 03:53 PM
John Schneider

The listing has been ammended to reflect the change in shipping cost.

The original shipping was a left over boiler plate from a previous listing
and I just did not pick it up until you pointed it out to me.

Thank you (I, too, would not have bid or would have removed my bid based on
that shipping info.!!!)

John

Old November 1st 05, 02:16 AM
Al Klein

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:53:18 -0500, "John Schneider"
said in rec.radio.scanner:

The listing has been ammended to reflect the change in shipping cost.

Nope - I just checked - Shoreham to Miller Place is still $11. Is the
mailman going to hand carry it all the way, and I get to pay for his
stop at Deks?

For $11 I could have Lindys deliver it in about 15 minutes.
Old November 1st 05, 12:16 PM
John Schneider

Al,

I am not a liar and I take exception to your sarcasm.

Read the item description for the amendment. A bid has been placed on the
item and that locks in a lot of the auction info., including the shipping
formula. I could not change the shipping formula so I added to the
narrative...just as I said I did.

John