Old November 29th 05, 05:31 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default What do you listen to?

Just wanted to take a poll in what everyone most listens to with there
scanner?

Police/Fire?
Military?
Air?
Maritime?
any others?

Old November 29th 05, 12:44 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Buzzygirl

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just wanted to take a poll in what everyone most listens to with there
scanner?

Police, highway patrol (I'm near a major interstate), fire, paramedics, air
traffic. Most of the interesting stuff to listen to in my area isn't yet
trunked.

Jackie

Old December 1st 05, 03:55 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
George

On 2005-11-28 21:31:52 -0800, said:

Just wanted to take a poll in what everyone most listens to with there
scanner?

Police/Fire?
Military?
Air?
Maritime?
any others?

Ragchewers on 20 and 40 meters.

A few 2-meter repeaters.

Military aircraft.

And just about any RF within 1/4 mile from my QTH.

Old December 5th 05, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
OregonMike

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 06:44:46 -0600, "Buzzygirl"
wrote:

Most of the interesting stuff to listen to in my area isn't yet
trunked.

Jackie

I wish I could say the same. It seems most everything pertinent to my
area in King Co., WA is trunked and the signals aren't great to my
condo.

Old December 6th 05, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Eric Ferguson

Don't know how I missed this thread, but....

At home, local PD and FD's for several communities around me, California
Highway Patrol, the local airport. Then there's the itinerant channels, FRS,
MURS, (ahem), some of the older cordless phone freqs (just to make sure the
scanners work in the VHF freqs, of course g), also some of the
aeronautical freqs that pass over me.

On the road, when on a trip up to the state of Washington, (I have a
dedicated scanner), CHP, OSP, WSP, the various DOT's and general county
channels (Sheriff, County Fire, some local stuff, and areo's.) In some
cases, it's saved me from some tickets. I tend to drive with a lead foot
g.

Another dedicated scanner (both Pro-2042's), is dedicated for day trips to
the coastal region of California. It has CHP, Marine, State and National
Park freqs (a bank for each) and then a separate banks for local frequencies
of each county from Sonoma down to Monterey, Seven counties in all.

Also scan Ham and CB in the search banks, as well as news freqs. Plus what
ever else may strike my fancy at the time.

Now if there were some way to program my 3 2042's with the computer.....Oh
well

Eric

Old December 7th 05, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
John Kasupski

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:33:22 GMT, "Eric Ferguson"
wrote:

Now if there were some way to program my 3 2042's with the computer.....Oh
well

Eric

Allow me to brighten your holiday season, Eric. You can indeed computer-program
the PRO-2042 if you have either an Optoelectronics OS535 or a COMMtronics
CE/HB-232 to provide the computer interface.

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/..._pro-2042.html

Happy Holidays and 73 de
John Kasupski, Tonawanda, New York
Amateur Radio (KC2HMZ), SWL/Scanner Monitoring (KNY2VS)
zIRC #monitor Admin