Old December 4th 05, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Steve Rabinowitz

Default Alinco DJ-X2000 Help!

Just got the Alinco DJ-X2000 & am totally lost. I am used to Radio Shack
which are simple. I cannot enter the frequencies on the Alinco. I tried &
nothing happens, I followed the instruction manual which says enter the
frequencies & press enter but when I touch the keypad & press a number it
looks like it just changes banks. What am I doing wrong.

Old December 4th 05, 01:03 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Steve Rabinowitz

I have read over the manual & it does not show anything about it. I have
tried entering frequencies like it says but the buttons do not respond. Also
does not show which banks to use, A,B,C,D have some frequencies on it & E is
blank but wont let me add. When I press 1 for instance to start a frequency
it changes it to another bank in the bank from lets say A2 to A1. Really
confusing compared to Radio Shack.
"Evan Platt" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 03:46:16 GMT, "Steve Rabinowitz"
wrote:

Just got the Alinco DJ-X2000 & am totally lost. I am used to Radio Shack
which are simple. I cannot enter the frequencies on the Alinco. I tried &
nothing happens, I followed the instruction manual which says enter the
frequencies & press enter but when I touch the keypad & press a number it
looks like it just changes banks. What am I doing wrong.

Sounds like it's in scan mode?

Put it into manual mode is my guess. I don't have that scanner so I
can't help you but that's what it sounds like.

Some final questions on Alinco DJ-X2000 before purchasing Michael J. Scanner 4 December 21st 04 10:13 PM
Source for Alinco DJ-C5 Battery (ML11-1657 3.8v 600mah Li-Ion)? Steve Wolf Equipment 0 November 14th 03 11:55 AM
FA: Alinco EMS-8 speaker/mic Joe Swap 0 November 12th 03 01:34 AM
WTB: Alinco Mobile Radio Microphone Larry Johnson Swap 2 November 9th 03 02:20 AM
FS: Alinco 605TQ Gary Simms Swap 0 July 21st 03 05:23 PM