Old December 25th 05, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Bill Crocker

Default Radio Shack Scanner Clearance!

Radio Shack

The following scanners are on clearance @ $99.97:

PRO-2052 (Uniden, great for MilAir)

PRO-2054 (GRE, low-end, discontinued upon introduction???)

PRO-95 (GRE, well known hand-held)

Of course we're all aware these will be affected by re-banding. However, at
that price, you may want to pick one up for VHF/UHF stuff!

http://tinyurl.com/e2x58

Bill Crocker

Old December 27th 05, 06:35 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Rob

You guys are so lucky! I just moved to Canada, and the prices here are
crazy! Trunking scanners start at over $350CAD.

Radio Shack won't ship to Canada...and I am 6 hours from the US border,
so a drive is out of the question. But I'll figure out a way of
getting hold of one!

Any advice out there???
Rob

Old December 27th 05, 11:40 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
St. John Smythe

Rob wrote:
Radio Shack won't ship to Canada...and I am 6 hours from the US border,
so a drive is out of the question. But I'll figure out a way of
getting hold of one!

Any advice out there???

Re-think a six-hour drive being out of the question.

--
St. John
"I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I liked it I'd
Old December 27th 05, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Eric Ferguson

Don't know your circumstances, but, a six hour drive seems like nothing. I
regularly drive 12 hours just to see a friend. (And one of my scanners is on
the dash listening to various agencies. Saved me a few tickets. I drive with
a lead foot g. But not always.)

Have any friends that could buy a state side scanner?

--
Tune Out .KBHR to reply me

Old December 28th 05, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
daviddd

When you say Radio Shack won't ship to Canada, are you referring to"
radioshack.com "? Have you tried a Radio Shack store that is close to
you in the USA? Let me know, because I am sure we can find a store
close to you that would ship to Canada !!
daviddd

Old December 28th 05, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Dave Holford

daviddd wrote:

When you say Radio Shack won't ship to Canada, are you referring to"
radioshack.com "? Have you tried a Radio Shack store that is close to
you in the USA? Let me know, because I am sure we can find a store
close to you that would ship to Canada !!
daviddd

What about the NEW Canadian Radio Shack stores? Are they offering the same
deals as the U.S. ones?

On the same topic does anyone know how many of the NEW Canadian Radio
Shack stores are open already, and how many may be planned in the near
future?

Dave
Who only has "The Source" (also known as OLD Canadian Radio Shack) stores
nearby.

Old December 29th 05, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
treesrcool

eBay !?