Old December 29th 05, 02:38 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
J. Mc Laughlin

Default BCD396T questions 12/26/2005

Dear "Matt"
I am in a similar situation trying to get a new BCD396T up to speed.
Have no idea where you are located nor what you are wishing the receiver to
do.
My goal is to get the radio to work with the Michigan APCO 25 system on
800 MHz, and that is all that I have worked on.

So far, I have not found much on the WEB that is of actual use. As was
pointed out to me here, a set of forums exists off of the radioreference.com
site. Some information of interest to me is available there.

Let us know if you find something of value. It might also help to
describe your goals for the radio and generally where you are located. Such
information might prompt someone to help with your goals.

Regards, Mac

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Matt" wrote in message
Having just purchased a 396 two days ago I was a little surprised at how
unfriendly the Uniden manual is to use. As a long term scanner user

despite
not having played with any of the newer trunk capable scanners, I didn't
expect to find it all that hard to pick it up and be able to know how to

use
it without to much of a problem.
Well talk about a shock to the system whenI turned it on - only slowly
finding out how to use it properly after a couple of days of on and off
playing with it.
I remember that there is supposed to be an easier to understand manual on
the net somewhere (not uniden written) - can anyone help me out with where

can find it as well as some hints for the brain dead (like myself at the
moment) to get the best out of the radio?

Matt

Old December 30th 05, 02:05 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Matt

"J. Mc Laughlin" wrote in message
Dear "Matt"
I am in a similar situation trying to get a new BCD396T up to speed.
Have no idea where you are located nor what you are wishing the receiver
to do.
My goal is to get the radio to work with the Michigan APCO 25 system
on 800 MHz, and that is all that I have worked on.

So far, I have not found much on the WEB that is of actual use. As
was pointed out to me here, a set of forums exists off of the
radioreference.com site. Some information of interest to me is available
there.

Let us know if you find something of value. It might also help to
describe your goals for the radio and generally where you are located.
Such information might prompt someone to help with your goals.

Regards, Mac

Hi Mac - well locality wise I am a fair way away from you - Australia, so
will be reasonably difficult for either of us to monitor the same signals
with the 396. We have only just had the 396T (an Australian version)
released here about a week ago (although there are probably a number of
others who have imported US versions prior to the release of our version),
so there hasn't been (to my knowledge) too much work done on the
construction of profiles or similar (anyone in Aust - preferably the
Melboure or Darwin area - playing with the 396, please drop me a line).
What I mainly wanted the 396 was to listen to some of the police comms -
unfortunately Melbourne (AS) is encrypted digital, so no go there, but I
still travel enough that I may be able to use it for this purpose.
Additionally I also want it for the trunking capability - haven't played
with this field previously, so quite concious of being a particularly raw
newbie there. Anyway, time to get back to the manual and try and make some
sense out of it.

Matt