Old June 1st 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Robert11

Default Fair Price For A 780 ?

Hi,

A bit too old now to start to learn about using eBay.

Have a 780 in mint condition.

No idea what these things are worth anymore.

Will probably by a new 996, once I can convince the wife.

Any idea what a fair asking price for a 780 would be these days ?

Live outside of Boston.

Thanks,
B.

Old June 1st 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:01:16 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

A bit too old now to start to learn about using eBay.

Have a 780 in mint condition.

No idea what these things are worth anymore.

Will probably by a new 996, once I can convince the wife.

Any idea what a fair asking price for a 780 would be these days ?

Live outside of Boston.

A recent price http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/198569

Good luck.
Old June 1st 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Jim Hackett

Not even trying to play "price police" but that is pretty good considering I
paid $300 for mine new. $25 depreciation is good. Wish my Z only
depreciated that little...

Old June 11th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Dwayne

wrote:

Hi,

A bit too old now to start to learn about using eBay.

Have a 780 in mint condition.

No idea what these things are worth anymore.

Will probably by a new 996, once I can convince the wife.

Any idea what a fair asking price for a 780 would be these days ?

Live outside of Boston.

Thanks,
B.

You would be lucky to get over $200 for it. Remember that they will
not survive rebanding.
Old June 12th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Greg

wrote:

Hi,

A bit too old now to start to learn about using eBay.

Have a 780 in mint condition.

No idea what these things are worth anymore.

Will probably by a new 996, once I can convince the wife.

Any idea what a fair asking price for a 780 would be these days ?

Live outside of Boston.

Thanks,
B.

You would be lucky to get over $200 for it. Remember that they will
not survive rebanding.

I would think you could get $250 or more for a mint 780. It's a great
scanner. It depends on what use the potential buyer might have for it
whether rebanding will hurt.

I bought a used 780 earlier this year for $240 and I use it every day.
Rebanding will affect me though.

Why don't you go ahead and advertise it on rec.radio.swap? You can
start a little high and you can always come down.

Greg