Old June 26th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Frank

Default FS: PRO-2004

Excellent condition. Coverage 25-1300 Mhz. Has the cellular modification
done. Good backlight. Includes military aircraft. With original box and
antenna (sorry....no manual, but it's available on RS website).

Price is $85.00 plus shipping in CONUS only.....

Old July 2nd 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Frank wrote:
Excellent condition. Coverage 25-1300 Mhz. Has the cellular modification
done. Good backlight. Includes military aircraft. With original box and
antenna (sorry....no manual, but it's available on RS website).

Price is $85.00 plus shipping in CONUS only.....

Hi Frank, I mght be interested, but how do we do arrange the payment &
shipping??? Would you do $85, including shipping?

Dobs

Old July 2nd 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Dobs,

I tried e-mailing you, but your address bounced. I would prefer a money
order and I would ship within 24 hours after receiving the funds. I'll ship
via USPS Priority Mail. Sorry.....I have to stick with $85.00 plus shipping.
This radio works perfectly in all functions. I just have too many scanners!

Frank

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 2nd 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Hi Frank, email me at sjamboked at steric dot net.
Tell me a little bit more about the pro 2004, what it's mhz range is,
whether it's trunked or not, what its range is, and whether or not, by
your experience, it works well in the hills,

thanks.. hopefully no bots can read addresses in COBOL form

Dobs (aka: Dave)

Frank wrote:
Dobs,

I tried e-mailing you, but your address bounced. I would prefer a money
order and I would ship within 24 hours after receiving the funds. I'll ship
via USPS Priority Mail. Sorry.....I have to stick with $85.00 plus shipping.
This radio works perfectly in all functions. I just have too many scanners!

Frank

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 3rd 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On 2 Jul 2006 15:43:01 -0700, wrote:

Tell me a little bit more about the pro 2004,

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc31/31914.htm

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc31/31915.htm

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc31/31916.htm

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc21/21323.htm

http://www.rigpix.com/rs-realistic/r...ic_pro2004.htm

http://www.phreak.org/radio/mods/pro2004.txt

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/865

http://psicorps1984.tripod.com/2003/2003.html

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/.../scanrbrf.html
PRO-2004: 1986 vintage. Top of the line, wide band scanner
for 1987. After a diode is cut, enjoy continuous coverage
from 25-520 and 760-1300 MHz, AM, NBFM, and WBFM. Has 300
channels in 10 banks of 30, backed up by conventional 9 volt
alkaline battery. Any channel can be designated the
priority channel. Scans and searches fast. Lots of well
designed features, like 10 pairs of search limits, Lockout
Review, default search increment and emission mode. Sound
Squelch allows skipping dead carriers during search or scan.
Metal cabinet, good internal construction and shielding, but
no mobile mounting bracket or DC power cord. Soft touch
membrane keyboard. Good sensitivity and selectivity. Very
good radio. See "Product Review: The Radio Shack PRO-2004
Programmable Scanner," by Bob Parnass AJ9S, in The Radio
Enthusiast, February 1987, and Monitoring Times, March 1987

I bought one when they came out. Nice scanner. Possible to overload
the front end with overly strong signals, with a big antenna, notch
filter can help.
---
Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon