Old July 18th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that persondie?

Brian Denley wrote:

Knowing CW is NO indication of any level of intelligence, technical or
otherwise!

BTW film is seeing it's last days too. Ask Kodak!

"Seen" except for special needs. And those that do special needs will
likely be making millions. There will be about 12 of them that make it,
and thousands that don't, but wish they could.

I know quite a few in the photo biz, and film is, to put it very
bluntly, dead.

tom
K0TAR
Old July 18th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:05:14 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

Ham radio is drowning and the anti-code hams want us to think tossing it
bricks will make it float better. Dumbing things down is never an
improvement.

It is for those who can't rise to the current level. Like someone we
both know.

Old July 18th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

On 17 Jul 2006 17:16:10 -0700, "an old friend"
wrote:

Slow Code wrote:

Ham radio is drowning and the anti-code hams want us to think tossing it
bricks will make it float better. Dumbing things down is never an
improvement.

nobody is talking about dummbing anything down

Eliminating a requirement is dumbing things down. But no one would
expect you to be able to understand that.

you are
indeed you advocate dummbing down radio and giving hf only to the
unintelgent

That's YOUR stance - giving HF to those not intelligent enough to
actually learn things.
Old July 18th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

bull****
But no one would
expect you to be able to understand that.

you mean be fooled by that lie

you are
indeed you advocate dummbing down radio and giving hf only to the
unintelgent

That's YOUR stance - giving HF to those not intelligent enough to
actually learn things.

nope
I want to give it those that can show the brains to ass a written
idealy an improved written test

you want to keep a frat house game in place

but you favor dishonesty

Old July 18th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Denley wrote:

SNIPPED

BTW film is seeing it's last days too. Ask Kodak!

I use a digital for my family memories type shooting.

I use FUJI roll film in 120 size for my serious MF work. It is either Fuji
VELVIA for transparencies or NPH for formal portraits.

In either case, digital or film, they have nothing to do with ham radio in
general or CW in particular.

CW is!

Old July 18th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

On 18 Jul 2006 14:01:07 -0700, "Koikus"
wrote:

I want to give it those that can show the brains to ass a written
idealy an improved written test

you want to keep a frat house game in place

but you favor dishonesty

Neither does anyone else, once you destroy the attributions.
Old July 18th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

a thread related not

I thought Id mention that one of the things that was overlooked in the
Titantic disccusion is the CW was not invovled it was spark gap used in
that Morse encoded spark