Old July 28th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default More IBOC Crap

I was just tuning around with the SR II and tuned in WJR 760 Detroit, and even
putting WBBM 780 Chicago in the null I was still getting a lot of IBOC Crap on
760.

IBOC = QRM

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 28th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

I was just tuning around with the SR II and tuned in WJR 760 Detroit, and even
putting WBBM 780 Chicago in the null I was still getting a lot of IBOC Crap on
760.

IBOC = QRM

That's because it was misnamed IBOC. It should be IBOAC for In Band On
All Channels. It's hard to get all the modulator, transmitter, and
antenna parameters right or it spreads out.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 29th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

I was just tuning around with the SR II and tuned in WJR 760 Detroit, and even
putting WBBM 780 Chicago in the null I was still getting a lot of IBOC Crap on
760.

IBOC = QRM

That's because it was misnamed IBOC. It should be IBOAC for In Band On
All Channels. It's hard to get all the modulator, transmitter, and
antenna parameters right or it spreads out.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

If you want more IBOC crap, go look at DE's posts on radio-info.com's
HD board.

Old July 29th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

It ought to be called ICRAP.

Want to buy a house? www.sabrinasoldit.com
cuhulin

Old July 29th 06, 12:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
I was just tuning around with the SR II and tuned in WJR 760 Detroit, and even
putting WBBM 780 Chicago in the null I was still getting a lot of IBOC Crap on
760.

IBOC = QRM

dxAce
Michigan
USA

WJR is a clear channel, high power station. It should be booming at your
20 with the rig you have indicated.

John
Old July 29th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:00:33 GMT, John Steffes
wrote:

WJR is a clear channel, high power station. It should be booming at your
20 with the rig you have indicated.

John

And WBBM is flea power?

IBOC Crap News dxAce Shortwave 288 August 2nd 06 11:47 AM
IBOC interference complaint - advice? WBRW Broadcasting 11 February 11th 04 01:08 AM