Old July 30th 06, 02:25 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca
Default another buying guide

This showed up on Google news in the past couple days. Unfortunately the article's author is not very knowledgeable.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ve_radios.html
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old July 30th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

maybe one of the know-it-alls of this group should write one !

http://tinyurl.com/r7uzr

--
weatherall

Old July 30th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

weatherall wrote:
This showed up on Google news in the past couple days. Unfortunately
the article's author is not very knowledgeable.

http://tinyurl.com/r7uzr

--
weatherall

Well

We could have Marvin The Paranoid Android do a review for us about the
dismal state of Shortwave..

" Full of Bible Beaters and Nuts..

Nothing remotly pallatable forthcoming in new receivers..

BBC has left us, abandoning its huge mass of

Program Listeners to dwell on static..

furthuremore, Matter is disintegrating..

And Jesus Christ, mascaradiong as A California State Trooper

pulls Mel Gibson over,

Only to hear a Litany of Curses

Not a word about all this on Shortwave..

" I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed by the whole
situation.."

- Marvin, the Paranoid Android

Old July 30th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
weatherall wrote:
[...]

Given the influx of inexpensive Chinese portables in recent years, I
wouldn't be surprised if shortwave is experiencing some kind of
resurgence. However, even if it is, it'll probably be a few years
before that translates into renewed demand in the high-end portable and
tabletop markets.

Old July 30th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.rense.com Is Mel Gibson's Arrest A Setup?

I think Mel Gibson let that booze overload his mouth.I do like all of
his movies though.
cuhulin