Old May 27th 06, 08:57 PM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca
Default my shortwave buying guide

Hi:
While learning about shortwave reception and broadcasters, I also built up some knowledge of portable shortwave radios. I put some of my opinions on portable receivers together into a buying guide.

I discuss radios in 6 price ranges (in US dollars): $30-50, $50-70, $80-100, $120-150, $200-250, $500-600.

http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/2006/0...ing-guide.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/na5jt

This was written in part for family and friends who might end up purchasing radios. Comments are welcome on the blogger site, and I know many of you have opinions that differ from mine. I'm happy to listen!
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old May 27th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You did good, thanks! George (MN)

Old May 28th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Weatherall,

Nice job, but don't get me started on Grundig/Tecsun/Eton,
especially, the
S350 !

P.S. Carrie is really hot !

Old May 28th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

- Weatherall, Very good..

I am Still enmoured by the Degen de1105

- No SSB BUT Shirt pocket size.. perfect for walking around,

listening to Shortwave

Fast becoming my favorite radio of all times

http://www.radiointel.com/review-degende1105.htm

--
weatherall

Old May 28th 06, 10:07 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by
- Weatherall, Very good..

I am Still enmoured by the Degen de1105

- No SSB BUT Shirt pocket size.. perfect for walking around,

listening to Shortwave

Fast becoming my favorite radio of all times

http://www.radiointel.com/review-degende1105.htm
Hi everyone:
Thanks for checking it out! Good point about the 1105. I like the layout of that radio. I wasn't sure how to classify the Chinese-only radios in terms of price, because the shipping costs are high and can definitely impact the purchasing decision. The 1105 seems to belong in the $50-70 price range and description though. I will update the article and credit you for mentioning it.

-w
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/