Old July 30th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Handy -- and FREE -- audio recording software

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I use this to make short recordings. If you have a microphone that
connects to your computer, it's easy, and won't cost you anything.

I'm always wishing that more folks would post links to audio
recordings. It's nice to hear what various stations sound like from
another person's shack, with another person's gear, etc. A recording is
worth a thousand words.

Steve

Old July 30th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I am looking for a computer software recorder that allows me to record live
internet streams, from radio stations for example, while unattended. I
would like to schedule it to automatically connect to the stream at given
start time, start recording, and end the recording at a given stop time.
Creating an audio file type of my choice for later listening.

ups.com...

Old July 30th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wrote:
I am looking for a computer software recorder that allows me to record live
internet streams, from radio stations for example, while unattended. I
would like to schedule it to automatically connect to the stream at given
start time, start recording, and end the recording at a given stop time.
Creating an audio file type of my choice for later listening.

I like Total Recorder from http://www.highcriteria.com . The trial
version is free, but it periodically adds a short noise burst to the
recording. The Standard Edition is not very expensive. I don't think
that it will connect automatically to an audio stream. However, once
you are connected, it will do automated timed recordings and save them
in a variety of formats.

Old July 31st 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

This is a good free program for ripping cd's and recording from the net and
off the line in. It doesn't come with the noise reduction plugins, you have
to pay for those : (. But it does have a timed recording feature.

"Mahmoud Ahmadinejad" wrote in message
I am looking for a computer software recorder that allows me to record live
internet streams, from radio stations for example, while unattended. I
would like to schedule it to automatically connect to the stream at given
start time, start recording, and end the recording at a given stop time.
Creating an audio file type of my choice for later listening.

ups.com...

Old July 31st 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Han Han is offline

hello

I think www.looprecorder.de is the best choice. I makes recordings 10
minutes long ( or any other amount) and lopps over it .
You can save at any time.

you can also vist my website with recordings (made with loop recorder)
from radiostations below 30 MHz .

http://home.hetnet.nl/~hanhardonk/

Greetings Han , The Netherlands

Old August 1st 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks man. I have had this program on my computer for a year and have
used it to rip CDs. I didn't know it did recording. I just tried the
timer recording and it worked beautifully.

Scott

homepc wrote:
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

This is a good free program for ripping cd's and recording from the net and
off the line in. It doesn't come with the noise reduction plugins, you have
to pay for those : (. But it does have a timed recording feature.

"Mahmoud Ahmadinejad" wrote in message
I am looking for a computer software recorder that allows me to record live
internet streams, from radio stations for example, while unattended. I
would like to schedule it to automatically connect to the stream at given
start time, start recording, and end the recording at a given stop time.
Creating an audio file type of my choice for later listening.

ups.com...

--
Stop by and visit me on the Web...

http://www.treasuredude.net.tc
or
http://pie.midco.net/treasuredude

"If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a
person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime."
- Dan Quayle