Old August 3rd 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default FCC Marks BPL Golden!!!

looks like those wonderful, and fully informed and
unbiased ee's, have given the go-ahead on BPL.
FCC says BPL next big thing.

the only point in our favor is the signal must be 20db
down. another nail.

Father Michael...
Old August 4th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Those EE's couldn't **** a hole in snow!

Old August 4th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default We still talkin about the BPLosaurus????

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Father Mike wrote:

looks like those wonderful, and fully informed and
unbiased ee's, have given the go-ahead on BPL.
FCC says BPL next big thing.

the only point in our favor is the signal must be 20db
down. another nail.

They must be drug addled EE's that think an efficient transmission
system can be an uncontrolled common mode one.

It will be big alright as in all over the bands.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Yes, the efficient transmission of wideband signals over 60Hz
powerlines is going to be a chore. BPL is just a Fad. It's a dinosaur
on the brink of extinction. BPL is never going to be able to compete
with fiber. I want to be able to watch any movie ever made at anytime
I want to. BPL is never going to be able to support that kind of
service. There are too many other kick-ass technologies making the
scene for BPL to be able hang in there and compete.

If you would like to show your dissatisfaction with the whole BPL
climate then I suggest you go on a safari. Kill a few BPL
transponders. They shouldn't be too difficult to find with your
favorite portable. Scope them out in the daytime and return at night
with a gun along and just let em have it. Cops aren't going to put a
whole lot of effort into trying to apprehend you. After all, they know
you're armed.

Old August 4th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article om,
wrote:

Father Mike wrote:
looks like those wonderful, and fully informed and
unbiased ee's, have given the go-ahead on BPL.
FCC says BPL next big thing.

the only point in our favor is the signal must be 20db
down. another nail.

Father Michael...

Those EE's couldn't **** a hole in snow!

What EEs? They're all lawyers.

Mark Zenier

Old August 4th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message

They must be drug addled EE's that think an efficient transmission
system can be an uncontrolled common mode one.

It will be big alright as in all over the bands.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Next they'll bring back spark gap TX. Idiots!

BH

Old August 4th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

N9NEO wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Father Mike wrote:

[...]

Er, the cops go after the armed people, and they tend to be trigger
happy, which is a good thing as I rather have a live cop and a dead
perp than the other way around.

Old August 5th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:

Next they'll bring back spark gap TX. Idiots!

With the code requirements dropping, I doubt it.

mike