Old August 6th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default any thoughts on recording stuff off HF

Id ask in a ham gruop but the result would just be more flame I want to
know if anybody jhhas any suggestions as to recrding the received audio
and still listen to it something kind of tells when the rules change we
hams are expecting goes the need to be able to record may something
needed without much warning

Old August 7th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

It is hard for me to tell what your question is. You just typed one long
fragment, which I don't think qualifies as a sentence.

Re-read what you typed , and see if you can figure out what you meant, then
try again please.

--james--

Old August 7th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 6 Aug 2006 15:57:39 -0700, "an old freind"
wrote:

Id ask in a ham gruop but the result would just be more flame I want to
know if anybody jhhas any suggestions as to recrding the received audio
and still listen to it something kind of tells when the rules change we
hams are expecting goes the need to be able to record may something
needed without much warning

Get a cassette recorder at RShack, hook it to your HF rig's headphone
or external speaker jack, and record away.

I'm not sure what your question was, but that's one answer.

bob
k5qwg
Old August 7th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

an old freind wrote:
Id ask in a ham gruop but the result would just be more flame I want to
know if anybody jhhas any suggestions as to recrding the received audio
and still listen to it something kind of tells when the rules change we
hams are expecting goes the need to be able to record may something
needed without much warning

If your question was about the legality of recording SW conversations,
keep the following in mind: It is legal to record whatever you receive.
However, depending on what you recorded, it may not be legal to share
what you heard with anyone else.

Generally, the rule of thumb is that broadcast traffic is perfectly all
right to share. All ham radio traffic is legal to share. However,
conversations on the air regarding ship to shore radio telephony or
radiotelegraphy may not be legal to share. You can mention the nature
of what you heard as long as specifics aren't included, but a recording
may not be shared unless it is requested by a local authority.

For example, many years ago I heard a very troubled sailor making a
confession to a priest on ship to shore radiotelephone. If I had a
recording of said confession, I would not be able to share it.

DE AB3A
Old August 7th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.davee.com/scanrec/

Old August 7th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Jake Brodsky wrote:
an old freind wrote:
[...]

my concern is expecting that I will be ahrrased on the air by other
hams on Hf after code testing ends and I get a licesnse to operate I am
concerned by able to get clear enough recordigot use with the fcc in
that evenet

given that most of the time I try to opperte 6m SSB I get jamed as it
is

DE AB3A

Old August 7th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"an old freind" wrote in message
oups.com...
Id ask in a ham gruop but the result would just be more flame I want to
know if anybody jhhas any suggestions as to recrding the received audio
and still listen to it something kind of tells when the rules change we
hams are expecting goes the need to be able to record may something
needed without much warning

Get a microphone and record whatever you want. Anyone who
sais what you're doing is illegal tell them to go soak their head in the
Loo...

Old August 8th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

"an old freind" wrote in
oups.com:

Id ask in a ham gruop but the result would just be more flame I want to
know if anybody jhhas any suggestions as to recrding the received audio
and still listen to it something kind of tells when the rules change we
hams are expecting goes the need to be able to record may something
needed without much warning

I would follow up to this post with an informative reply, but I've turned
over a new leaf and I'm not going to flame you anymore.

73

SC
Old August 8th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

Default another liar heard from

Slow Code wrote:
"an old freind" wrote in
oups.com:

Id ask in a ham gruop but the result would just be more flame I want to
know if anybody jhhas any suggestions as to recrding the received audio
and still listen to it something kind of tells when the rules change we
hams are expecting goes the need to be able to record may something
needed without much warning

I would follow up to this post with an informative reply, but I've turned
over a new leaf and I'm not going to flame you anymore.

you can stop anytime

73

big lie there

SC

Old August 8th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Markie spam

an old fraud wrote:
get

Get some Beltone hearing aids, you are hearing voices that aren't there
on your radio.