Old August 13th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Panasonic rf2800 replacement

I have a Panasonic RF 2800 that I bought in 1978.
It has been in daily use in my kitchen for Many years.
Evidently lightning finally got it thru the AC mains.

I like the rather large for a portable speaker it tends to reproduce the
bass components of the audio much better than other portables with smaller
cases

The radio will sit in my kitchen on top of the refrigerator most of the
time, so size and portability are not major concerns.

Features that are important to me a
Ease of use, e.g. good ergonomics
audio fidelity,
Digital readout on Shortwave,
internal power supply AC mains and Batteries in case commercial power goes
out,
built in telescopic antenna,
and external antenna connectors.

I have looked at the S350 and the satelit 800. Does anybody out there have
any other suggestions on a replacement?

D Yemiola
AI8O

Old August 13th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I'm looking at a Redsun RP2100
there are two sellers on Ebay
one lists under Redsun RP2100,
the other under RP2100 Radio
Have a look at them
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D GE SRIII
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old August 13th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

danielle wrote:
[...]

Any of the Panasonic radios in that series would be a good
replacement...2600, 2800 and 2900. I believe the 2600 is a later model
and is usually priced reasonably on Ebay.

Old August 14th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Panasonic RF2800 Radio Replacement

John S. wrote:
danielle wrote:
[...]

Danielle,

# 1 - One of the older 'used' Panasonic "RF" Series
AM/FM Shortwave Radios like the RF-2200, RF-2800,
RF-2900 or RF2600 may again meet your needs for
a reliable Kitchen Radio . . .
RF2800/2900 = http://www.dxing.com/rx/rf2800.htm
RF2600 = http://www.dxing.com/rx/rf799.htm

eBAY PANASONIC RF = http://tinyurl.com/zr9z5
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...trypage=search

# 2 - The Grundig {Eton} S350 or S350DL Radios
-or- the newer Redsun RP2100 may fill your needs
for a reliable Kitchen Radion Radio with that "Big
Speaker" Sound .
eBAY REDSUN = http://tinyurl.com/jdzd4
http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/s...trypage=search

# 3 - Another opinion is to use a Pair of Self-Powered
Computer {Stereo} Speakers connected to any
'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio to " F I L L "
the room with Wonderful Sound.

OBTW - Down in Oakland,CA my Kitchen Radio
is a Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Radio and the
4" Speaker sounds great by itself for AM Radio
Listening. Plus I use a Pair of Self-Powered
Computer {Stereo} Speakers connected to the
Line-Outs and they give me Left-and-Right Stereo
with the Radio's Speaker as the Center-Sub-Woofer
for exceptional FM Stereo Radio Listening.
SELF-POWERED STEREO SPEAKERS = http://tinyurl.com/zhkyb
http://electronics.search-desc.ebay....2QQsacatZ14990

# 4 - Here is another Shortwave Radio Speaker
alternative to consider is Big Sound is your thing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SOUND-STUDIO-STE...QQcmdZViewItem

hope this helps ~ RHF
Old August 14th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 13 Aug 2006 22:09:29 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:
?

http://www.radios4you.com/hs668-soundstudio.html

Old August 15th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dan Dan is offline

danielle wrote:
I have a Panasonic RF 2800 that I bought in 1978.
It has been in daily use in my kitchen for Many years.
Evidently lightning finally got it thru the AC mains.

I have a Panasonic RF-2800 in excellent condition. I am the original
owner. It still has the original earphone, carrying strap and sun
visor. The original manual and receipt for the radio are also in
excellent condition.

I have been thinking about selling the radio. If you are interested,
please contact me via email to "dan at islenet dot com".