Old August 16th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Redsun RP2100

John Plimmer wrote:
Arrived in my little village in Afrika 8 days after Paypal payment in good
order well packed.
Very pleased with it - lovely full sound, better than my other portables.
Performance also better than my other portables:
reception sensitivity and quality
FM - outstanding, picks up weak stations the others can't even hear
MW - this is most important for me as my one and only AM MW BCB station is
120 miles/200 km's away.
much better than my Sangean ATS818 and slightly better than my GE SRIII -
very pleased with this.
SW shortwave - some parts of the band same as Sangean 818, others much
better on the RP2100.
two nice filter settings - wide with lovely sound when you are in the clear
and narrow for when things are crowded, but still with good audio.

size of the radio is same as the Sangean ATS818 and slightly smaller than
the GE SRIII
operates on either 4 X AA or 4 X D cell batteries, or mains 220 volt AC,
also will charge batteries
Delivered to my door for a total cost of $106.90 which includes shipping to
Africa and insurance.

Seller was Tquchina on eBay who supplies the English language fascia on the
radio - the other seller Liypn sells only Chinese markings on the fascia of
the radio. Very satisfied = excellent service and Tquchina kept me informed
all the way down the line. A big worry for me as some sellers get shipping
to Africa totally ballsed up.

Evening time and the AM MW BCB DX really boomed in on the internal ferrite
loop - stations 4/5000 moles away came in at readable DX quality like France
Info Nice, BBC Cyprus, Saudi Arabia and India AIR Nagpur = very impressive.

What you may not like:
No SSB reception
Presets drive me mad - as there is no direct keyboard entry of preset number
you have to rotate through the ten presets upwards. This means that if you
are on preset two and want to get back to preset one, you have to go through
to preset ten before getting back to one again. Maddening and the only
feature of this superb radio that I really don't like.

Overall a great radio for my purposes knocking about the house, with superb
FM and MW performance like I have never come across in a portable. For me in
Africa a great buy and superb value for money. A Sony 7600GR retails here
for $285 !#$%^&
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

JP - This was a nice read and good reporting ~ RHF

Redsun RP2100 Mark Shortwave 1 August 16th 06 04:13 AM
Redsun RP2100 Review by Jay Allen Joe Analssandrini Shortwave 1 July 31st 06 01:53 AM
Received My Redsun RP2100 Radio -and- It looks Great ! {FAQs ?} RHF Shortwave 17 July 3rd 06 03:17 PM
My 'New' Redsun RP2100 Radio -IF- Radios Are Your Thing - No Explanation Is Required [.] Grundig_Tecsun_Eton_garbage_! Shortwave 1 July 2nd 06 03:43 PM
INFO - Newest - "REDSUN" Model RP2100 AM / FM / Shortwave Radio [email protected] Shortwave 3 June 6th 06 08:20 PM