Old August 19th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ICOM R9500

Universal now has a page up regarding the R9500. Not muh info yet.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0095.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 20th 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

Best Regards, 73!

Adam E.

Old August 20th 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
"gccengineering" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Universal now has a page up regarding the R9500. Not muh info yet.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0095.html

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

I don't know what you are talking about. The ICOM people are all
Democrats.

I certainly don't want a DRM radio.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 20th 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

gccengineering wrote:

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

Specs say that cellular bands are blocked in the U.S.A. version. A lot of stuff
is also blocked in the 'France' version.

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 20th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AOR AR-Alpha

gccengineering wrote:

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

Here's another interesting one which apparently will be cell blocked:

The AOR AR-Alpha

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/1036.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 20th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

gccengineering wrote:

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

Here's another interesting one which apparently will be cell blocked:

Correction, I meant to say that IT WILL NOT BE CELL BLOCKED.

Old August 20th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article . com,
"gccengineering" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Universal now has a page up regarding the R9500. Not muh info yet.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0095.html

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

I don't know what you are talking about. The ICOM people are all
Democrats.

I certainly don't want a DRM radio.

It's interesting that these new high-end receivers are still coming out.
What's the market, government? I guess shortwave is not dead.

Greg
Old August 20th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

gccengineering wrote:

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

Here's another interesting one which apparently will be cell blocked:

Correction, I meant to say that IT WILL NOT BE CELL BLOCKED.

Great! Another receiver for the FCC and our City, State, Military to use for their needs and for Clearchannel, NAB and FCC to hunt down lots of unknown pirate stations, and Ipod transmitters and shut down left and right. that we cannot get cause the publicly available cannot receive too well and even you try to use a good antenna you still get noise and intermod cause of the receiver design. I appreciate the ad thanks. But I need something that will be cell blocked so can own one when I get the money. Also are you planning on owning one?

When I get my engineering degree I may have to get a FCC RF Commerical
License to use the equipment, but we will not be listening to boring
cell phone conversations mostly for Shortwave Broadcast Professional
DXing also for antenna designing and testing and yes deep down pirate
hunting on 6955 and FM broadcast frequencies.

Thanks for deep information DX Ace

73!

Adam E.

Old August 20th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"gccengineering" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Universal now has a page up regarding the R9500. Not muh info yet.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0095.html

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

I don't know what you are talking about. The ICOM people are all
Democrats.

Telemon, Do you work for the FCC or the government. The messege is
clear
this receiver is not for the "general" public to use only government
use only or for export. If that was ok, they would allowed the R
9000 to be owned by many hobbyists and obtain more QSLs and get the
rarest DX catches. The FCC is republican cause of their very very
high strict ordinances we have to follow and also knocking down good SW
pirate stations left and right and top and bottom, main reason why
there is no fun to listen to SW pirate radio activity on 6955 kHz and
6950 kHz except 6.220 but thats from Europe not the US but is not on
all the time to log down. The FCC and other parts of the government
uses these receivers to track pirates and part 15 radio stations down
and issue them the most biggest fines that we cannot shell out not even
to pay our bills.. Even clearchannel and big corporate NAB
communications companies that don't encourage pirate radio/ part 15
broadcasting shuts them down too with these receivers and periodic-log
antennas. The FCC does not encourage DXing only local radio listening
and HDTV and IBOC. Sorry! Thats good that ICOM are Democrats, but
the problem they are making receivers for the Republican Government
instead they should make receivers like the SW 8 and other small
receivers for the hobbyist public to use and have fun listening like
the Grundig Sat 800.

I hate to say but digital is living like a virus, if you don't like it
you need to complain
to the companies such as Biequity and NAB. You're not the only one
that does
not like DRM I like it just analog.

I don't want to augue, I just wanted to let you know that its just a
future equipment plan
for big companies. Getting a wideband receiver is going to be hard
than it was before.

Best Regards,

Old August 20th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

gccengineering wrote:

dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

gccengineering wrote:

[...]

Professional DXing? I must admit I've made a buck or two 'DXing' from time to time but I'm not certain if there are very many Professional DXing jobs out there these days.

dxAce
Michigan
USA