Old August 19th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ICOM R9500

Universal now has a page up regarding the R9500. Not muh info yet.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0095.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 20th 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

Best Regards, 73!

Adam E.

Old August 20th 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
"gccengineering" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Universal now has a page up regarding the R9500. Not muh info yet.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0095.html

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

I don't know what you are talking about. The ICOM people are all
Democrats.

I certainly don't want a DRM radio.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 20th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article . com,
"gccengineering" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Universal now has a page up regarding the R9500. Not muh info yet.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0095.html

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

I don't know what you are talking about. The ICOM people are all
Democrats.

I certainly don't want a DRM radio.

It's interesting that these new high-end receivers are still coming out.
What's the market, government? I guess shortwave is not dead.

Greg
Old August 20th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"gccengineering" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Universal now has a page up regarding the R9500. Not muh info yet.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0095.html

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

I don't know what you are talking about. The ICOM people are all
Democrats.

Telemon, Do you work for the FCC or the government. The messege is
clear
this receiver is not for the "general" public to use only government
use only or for export. If that was ok, they would allowed the R
9000 to be owned by many hobbyists and obtain more QSLs and get the
rarest DX catches. The FCC is republican cause of their very very
high strict ordinances we have to follow and also knocking down good SW
pirate stations left and right and top and bottom, main reason why
there is no fun to listen to SW pirate radio activity on 6955 kHz and
6950 kHz except 6.220 but thats from Europe not the US but is not on
all the time to log down. The FCC and other parts of the government
uses these receivers to track pirates and part 15 radio stations down
and issue them the most biggest fines that we cannot shell out not even
to pay our bills.. Even clearchannel and big corporate NAB
communications companies that don't encourage pirate radio/ part 15
broadcasting shuts them down too with these receivers and periodic-log
antennas. The FCC does not encourage DXing only local radio listening
and HDTV and IBOC. Sorry! Thats good that ICOM are Democrats, but
the problem they are making receivers for the Republican Government
instead they should make receivers like the SW 8 and other small
receivers for the hobbyist public to use and have fun listening like
the Grundig Sat 800.

I hate to say but digital is living like a virus, if you don't like it
you need to complain
to the companies such as Biequity and NAB. You're not the only one
that does
not like DRM I like it just analog.

I don't want to augue, I just wanted to let you know that its just a
future equipment plan
for big companies. Getting a wideband receiver is going to be hard
than it was before.

Best Regards,

Old August 20th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"gccengineering" wrote in message
oups.com...

Even clearchannel and big corporate NAB
communications companies that don't encourage pirate radio/ part 15
broadcasting shuts them down too with these receivers and periodic-log
antennas.

I do not recall seeing a communications receiver in a radio station for
decades. If we have a local pirate, we use a field strength meter or just a
car radio to track it. Then we call the FCC to act.

The FCC does not encourage DXing only local radio listening
and HDTV and IBOC.

The FCC has encouraged localism in radio for nearly 60 years. This is why
there is no high power AM or FM in the US.

I hate to say but digital is living like a virus, if you don't like it
you need to complain
to the companies such as Biequity and NAB.

NAB is not a company. It is a trade association. It's biggest group of
members is the single owner smaller market station.

Old August 20th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Blow Me! www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php

I have to watch The Emperor of the North movie on Radio tv now.The movie
is just now starting.
cuhulin
.................................................. ......
Are you ****ed Off with Sabina's High Fares? Fly Ryanair.
.................................................. ......

Old August 20th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
[...]

Oh yeah, they're the ones you lied to.

Old August 20th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
"gccengineering" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"gccengineering" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Universal now has a page up regarding the R9500. Not muh info
yet.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0095.html

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the
real shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM
type?? The FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public
(us SWL's) to use it will not be approved but only for the rest
of the world and maybe other governments might not approve it
ethier even the UK. If it was a portable no problem. or
something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF (microwave)
frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked to
become legal to use.

I don't know what you are talking about. The ICOM people are all
Democrats.

Telemon, Do you work for the FCC or the government.

Like many people I work for a defense contractor.

The messege is clear this receiver is not for the "general" public to
use only government use only or for export. If that was ok, they
would allowed the R 9000 to be owned by many hobbyists and obtain
more QSLs and get the rarest DX catches.

I expect that the receiver does not block the cell phone frequencies and
the government is serious about privacy. The receiver would have to
block the cell frequencies, pass UL safety, and home EMI/RFI FCC
standards. ICOM just has to spend the money to pass the standards that
any home electronics device needs to pass to be sold to the general
public. This is an ICOM decision not the government.

You can buy receivers the government uses right now like the Ten-Tec
RX340.

The FCC is republican cause of their very very high strict ordinances
we have to follow and also knocking down good SW pirate stations left
and right and top and bottom, main reason why there is no fun to
listen to SW pirate radio activity on 6955 kHz and 6950 kHz except
6.220 but thats from Europe not the US but is not on all the time to
log down. The FCC and other parts of the government uses these
receivers to track pirates and part 15 radio stations down and issue
them the most biggest fines that we cannot shell out not even to pay
our bills.. Even clearchannel and big corporate NAB communications
companies that don't encourage pirate radio/ part 15 broadcasting
shuts them down too with these receivers and periodic-log antennas.

The FCC is lobbied by the commercial radio industry. Maybe we should
form a SWL group and hire a lobbyist to represent us. Are you will to
shell out the bucks for this to get low power community radio?

I can tell you I am for regulation as anarchy on the bands is good for
no one.

The FCC does not encourage DXing only local radio listening and HDTV
and IBOC. Sorry! Thats good that ICOM are Democrats, but the
problem they are making receivers for the Republican Government
instead they should make receivers like the SW 8 and other small
receivers for the hobbyist public to use and have fun listening like
the Grundig Sat 800.

I was joking about ICOM people being Democrats. I expect that most of
the employees are in Japan and that the radios are assembled there but
that is just a guess as their contact list does not specify which
locations are manufacturing and which are sales. ICOM has sales offices
in the USA and other countries.

I hate to say but digital is living like a virus, if you don't like
it you need to complain to the companies such as Biequity and NAB.
You're not the only one that does not like DRM I like it just analog.

Digitization is an applied paradigm of today's science where everything
is looked at in quantitative way. Engineering is applied science and
when an analog widget is redesigned with digital technology it can be
improved in some way but sometimes it is no better. It depends on the
engineering for the redesign to be an actual improvement.

I don't want to augue, I just wanted to let you know that its just a
future equipment plan for big companies. Getting a wideband receiver
is going to be hard than it was before.

Snip

I don't know where you are located but I am not aware of any new
restrictions on wide band receivers other than the afore mentioned
cellular bands. Other countries have additional restrictions on
frequencies that you can listen to in the USA.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 20th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

In article .com,
"gccengineering" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"gccengineering" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
[...]

I had an FCC guy stop up here in the mid 80's working on a powerline
interference complaint driving a station wagon with some antenna stuff hidden in
a specially designed stealth cover on the top. Had a bunch of receiving
equipment installed on the passenger side. The HF receiver, believe it or not,
was an FRG-7700.

dxAce
Michigan
USA