Old August 21st 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ICOM R9500

Telamon,if I may ask,,,,? which denfense contractor do you work for? I
am not doubting your word,but I am only mildly interested in thingys
like that.(Oh,I forgot,you killfiled me eons ago)
cuhulin

Old August 21st 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

IDIOT!!!
cuhulin

Old August 21st 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

U.S.fed govt is serious about invading all of our Privacy.fed govt via
those stupid U.S.post office A..holes and the City of
Jackson,Mississippi Water Department have (U.S.post office snooped into
some of my sail mails before) water department snooped into every single
one of the snail mail boxes by the side of the street I live on.(Denson
Ave,Jackson,Mississippi) U.S.post office MORONS!!!! snail mail delivery
democrats,,, they barlely try to even close the little flip up snail
mail delivery snail mail boxes doors on our snail mail boxes
anymore.Everytime I see and hear that F....D UP snail mail delivery van
rolling down my street (you govt dudette funny Monkey YOU!!!) I put my
clothes on and I step out and get my snail mail and I get those two
divorced women's snail mail too.They moved out from next door to me
months ago.A couple of months ago,I saw a ''democrat'' putting his hand
on their snail mail box door.I got on my phone and I phoned that Bell
South woman in the Natchez,Mississippi area.I asked her if she wants me
to pick up their snail mail for her and Vanessa.She said,I would
appreciate it if you would!
Yeah,Telamon,you be happy with your govt defense ''work''
cuhulin

Old August 20th 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

gccengineering wrote:

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

Specs say that cellular bands are blocked in the U.S.A. version. A lot of stuff
is also blocked in the 'France' version.

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 20th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AOR AR-Alpha

gccengineering wrote:

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

Here's another interesting one which apparently will be cell blocked:

The AOR AR-Alpha

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/1036.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 20th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

gccengineering wrote:

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

Here's another interesting one which apparently will be cell blocked:

Correction, I meant to say that IT WILL NOT BE CELL BLOCKED.

Old August 20th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

gccengineering wrote:

Oh, No! Not another Republican Gov't Receiver! Where are the real
shortwave receivers that the public can use like the DRM/AM type?? The
FCC will NOT approve this for the the general public (us SWL's) to use
it will not be approved but only for the rest of the world and maybe
other governments might not approve it ethier even the UK. If it was
a portable no problem. or something smaller that does not cover VHF/UHF
(microwave) frequencies. We are hoping that it will be cell-blocked
to become legal to use.

Here's another interesting one which apparently will be cell blocked:

Correction, I meant to say that IT WILL NOT BE CELL BLOCKED.

Great! Another receiver for the FCC and our City, State, Military to use for their needs and for Clearchannel, NAB and FCC to hunt down lots of unknown pirate stations, and Ipod transmitters and shut down left and right. that we cannot get cause the publicly available cannot receive too well and even you try to use a good antenna you still get noise and intermod cause of the receiver design. I appreciate the ad thanks. But I need something that will be cell blocked so can own one when I get the money. Also are you planning on owning one?

When I get my engineering degree I may have to get a FCC RF Commerical
License to use the equipment, but we will not be listening to boring
cell phone conversations mostly for Shortwave Broadcast Professional
DXing also for antenna designing and testing and yes deep down pirate
hunting on 6955 and FM broadcast frequencies.

Thanks for deep information DX Ace

73!

Adam E.

Old August 20th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

gccengineering wrote:

dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

gccengineering wrote:

[...]

Professional DXing? I must admit I've made a buck or two 'DXing' from time to time but I'm not certain if there are very many Professional DXing jobs out there these days.

dxAce
Michigan
USA