Old August 22nd 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Time signal on 790?

HF conditions at my location are poor tonight, as they have been for at
least the last week. So, I decided to spend some time with the Quantum
Loop. On 790 khz, buried beneath a bunch of commercial stations, I'm
hearing a time signal. On the minute there's some morse...an 'R' and
something else that I haven't quite made out yet.

Anyone know what this is?

Steve

Old August 22nd 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:
HF conditions at my location....

Which is?

Old August 22nd 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
"Steve" wrote:

Steve wrote:
HF conditions at my location are poor tonight, as they have been for at
least the last week. So, I decided to spend some time with the Quantum
Loop. On 790 khz, buried beneath a bunch of commercial stations, I'm
hearing a time signal. On the minute there's some morse...an 'R' and
something else that I haven't quite made out yet.

Anyone know what this is?

Steve

The morse is "RR".

This is probably Radio Rebelde in Cuba. It's sort of a news/talk
station, with the time signal every minute. They also say "Radio
Rebelde" every minute.

I hear it every night here in Florida. It's on a couple other
frequencies also.

Mike
Old August 22nd 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Mike wrote:

In article . com,
"Steve" wrote:

Steve wrote:
HF conditions at my location are poor tonight, as they have been for at
least the last week. So, I decided to spend some time with the Quantum
Loop. On 790 khz, buried beneath a bunch of commercial stations, I'm
hearing a time signal. On the minute there's some morse...an 'R' and
something else that I haven't quite made out yet.

Anyone know what this is?

Steve

The morse is "RR".

This is probably Radio Rebelde in Cuba. It's sort of a news/talk
station, with the time signal every minute. They also say "Radio
Rebelde" every minute.

I hear it every night here in Florida. It's on a couple other
frequencies also.

Try 860 also.

Mike

Old August 22nd 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Beloved Leader wrote:
Steve wrote:
HF conditions at my location....

Which is?

Brooklyn, NY

Old August 22nd 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

HF conditions at my location are poor tonight, as they have been for at
least the last week. So, I decided to spend some time with the Quantum
Loop. On 790 khz, buried beneath a bunch of commercial stations, I'm
hearing a time signal. On the minute there's some morse...an 'R' and
something else that I haven't quite made out yet.

Sorry, it's Radio Reloj, not Radio Rebelde. See

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/archive/irca/msg10200.html

for some details. It's a pretty good catch in NY.

I hear this and 860 every night.

Mike
Old August 22nd 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:
HF conditions at my location are poor tonight, as they have been for at
least the last week. So, I decided to spend some time with the Quantum
Loop. On 790 khz, buried beneath a bunch of commercial stations, I'm
hearing a time signal. On the minute there's some morse...an 'R' and
something else that I haven't quite made out yet.

Anyone know what this is?

Steve

Where are you located (roughly)?

Old August 22nd 06, 09:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:
wrote:
Steve wrote:
HF conditions at my location are poor tonight, as they have been for at
least the last week. So, I decided to spend some time with the Quantum
Loop. On 790 khz, buried beneath a bunch of commercial stations, I'm
hearing a time signal. On the minute there's some morse...an 'R' and
something else that I haven't quite made out yet.

Anyone know what this is?

Steve

Where are you located (roughly)?

See post #6 above.

For a second there I thought you might be in Florida, i.e. close to
Cuba. But now I get it. Because it is Morse code, you are decoding it
in the presence of many broadcast stations.

IBOC Article Carter, K8VT Shortwave 338 April 4th 06 02:56 PM
Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments Dave Heil Policy 388 March 31st 06 08:03 PM
OCSP DXpedition Loggings - Jan. 7 - 9 Guy Atkins Shortwave 2 January 18th 06 06:56 AM
North-Central Florida Mil Logs 2/21/2005 GeorgeF Scanner 1 February 22nd 05 05:00 AM
HD2IOA Time Signal dxAce Shortwave 0 September 28th 04 10:38 AM