Old August 23rd 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default RF Systems MTA (WAS) New Antenna- WOO HOO

Anyone have a website address for the R.F. Systems that makes SW
antennas sold by Universal Radio

Yes, its: htttp://www.rf-systems.nl

Steve, thanks for the good word on the MTA, I've been waiting to save
enough to buy one, and I'll be ordering it in a week or so.

I once had their old version T2FD for a few years. A complete lack of
noise makes shortwave radio listening and dxing a wonderful experience.

The old one was rated for use from 5-30 MHz, but I was listening (not
just detecting) low powered Africans into the 90 meter band. The new
version is rated down to 3 MHz but I don't have the space to put one up
anymore or I'd be able to tell you the difference.

Old August 24th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

wrote:
Anyone have a website address for the R.F. Systems that makes SW
antennas sold by Universal Radio

Yes, its: htttp://www.rf-systems.nl

Steve, thanks for the good word on the MTA, I've been waiting to save
enough to buy one, and I'll be ordering it in a week or so.

I once had their old version T2FD for a few years. A complete lack of
noise makes shortwave radio listening and dxing a wonderful experience.

The old one was rated for use from 5-30 MHz, but I was listening (not
just detecting) low powered Africans into the 90 meter band. The new
version is rated down to 3 MHz but I don't have the space to put one up
anymore or I'd be able to tell you the difference.

Do us a favor and post a detailed review of this antenna after you've
used it for a while, describing where you have it mounted and how it's
grounded.

It is a balanced antenna so no ground needed.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Hmmm. I didn't realize that, but I guess it's true of many, if not all,
RF-Systems antennas. Do you know how the balance is achieved? I know
there's a helically wound antenna element on the inside...I figured it
was just fed at one end.

Steve

It's worth noting that RF Systems has a much better website than they
had the last time I looked:

http://www.rf-systems.nl

Old August 24th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article om,
"Steve" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

T2FD - Tilted, Terminated Folded Dipole.

Basically a folded dipole antenna with a termination resistor for
transmit loading and most likely no better for receiving than a
horizontal positioned folded dipole for receiving.

A dipole or a folded dipole is a balanced hertzian antenna where no
ground is needed for it to operate unlike a single wire antenna where
the other half of the antenna is ground.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 24th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article om,
"Steve" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Ok...I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about the MTA
instead of the T2FD.

Old August 24th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

Steve wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

You can trace the folded dipole element in the picture. It starts at the
coax connection and at the top of that spreader is where the ~ 600 ohm
termination resistor is located. It's a low noise antenna because it is
a loop type antenna that is not as sensitive as a open dipole to local
noise fields.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 24th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
"Steve" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article om,
"Steve" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article
.com,
"Steve" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Sorry about that, I didn't notice the other one (MTA) just the T2FD.

The T2FD will be a much better antenna.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Why Antenna Tuners Aren't Necessarily Useful for Shortwave Listening - Question Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna Tuners - Do You Have An Opinion ? Bob Miller Shortwave 40 September 3rd 12 02:15 PM
Outside Antenna Rikk Shortwave 25 March 6th 06 06:53 PM
I Want Another Antenna Lenny Shortwave 4 January 23rd 06 10:12 PM
The Long and Thin Vertical Loop Antenna. [ The Non-Resonance Vertical with a Difference ] RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 06:03 PM