Old August 23rd 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Universal M-7000 Decoder Cable

Can you folks verify the correct cable connections between a PC serial
port 9-pin or 25-pin and the J2 accessory connector on the rear of the
Universal M-7000 Decoder.

M-7000 RS-232 PC Serial Port (9-pin)
J-2 Pin

4 TD Transmit Data 3
5 RD Receive Data 2
6 DTR Data Terminal Ready 4
17 Ground 5 Signal/ Logic Ground

6 DSR Data Set Ready

7 RTS Request to Send

8 CTS Clear to Send

NOTE: RS-232 Pin 4 tied to Pin 6
Pin 7 tied to Pin 8

M-7000 RS-232 PC Serial Port (25-pin)
J-2 Pin

4 TD Transmit Data 2
5 RD Receive Data 3
6 DTR Data Terminal Ready 20
17 Ground 7 Signal / Logic Ground

9 DSR Data Set Ready

4 RTS Request to Send

5 CTS Clear to Send

NOTE: RS-232 Pin 6 tied to Pin 20.
Pin 4 tied to Pin 5

Old August 24th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John:
I wrote a VB one that works pretty good. I wrote it for my M-7000 but you
are welcome to try it if you have the VB 6.0 runtime files.

--
Brian Denley

ps.com...

Old August 24th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My M-7000 'Getting Started' manual states that the main 'Owner's' manual
pinout is in error and that the correct pinout is as follows

function M-7000 J2 computer 25 pin
computer 9 pin
signal to M-700 4 2
2
signal from M-7000 5 3
3
handshake 6 20
4
ground 12
7 5

--
Brian Denley

oups.com...

Old August 31st 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hi Brian,

Thanks for giving me a little prodding.

I am still confused as to the correct wiring:I have the orginal manuals
along with a service bulletin that is dated 1/15/1990.

They ALL list ground as pin-17 [M7000 J2] not pin-12 as some have
mentioned; in fact pin-12 on the schematic is NU (not used).

If I only use the serial 9-pin connector from my laptop, the wiring is:

PC M7000 J2
recive data 2 5
Xmtr Data 3 4
DTR 4 6
Signal GND 5 17
DSR 6
RTS 7
CTS 8

NOTE: tie 7 to 8
tie 6 to 4
ALL at the PC 9-pin connector

Now Softwa

WIN98 OS running Hyperterm pgm
baud - 2400
bits 8
stop 2
pol --
handshake hardware
modem KTerm

The program gets stuck when I start to receive (ask for a file)

If I use the above except M7Kterm

I install the pgm in a new folder

F10 to set new parameters (responds slow after key stroke?)
F1 start nothing on screen
L opens log file, however after I close it and open the log file; the
file is emply!!!

Have tried two seperate laptops with same results!!!

Do I have to be careful with the setting in the M-7000 menu?

If you have the time this might be handled better offline (landline or
E-Mail). I live in the Boston area.

Then I could post the final results to the group.

Best Regards,

// John

Brian Denley wrote:
SEE IF THIS FORMATS BETTER:

My M-7000 'Gpin-17etting Started' manual states that the main 'Owner's' manual
[...]

oups.com...

What Real Hams Do... Norm CB 67 May 14th 06 11:51 PM
The "TRICK" to TV 'type' Coax Cable [Shielded] SWL Loop Antennas {RHF} RHF Antenna 27 November 3rd 04 01:38 PM
The "TRICK" to TV 'type' Coax Cable [Shielded] SWL Loop Antennas {RHF} RHF Shortwave 23 November 3rd 04 01:38 PM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 03:01 PM