Old August 25th 06, 12:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Hearing loss

David wrote:

I was thinking of this one:
http://www.blamepro.com/marmajor.htm

perhaps you are thinking of this one:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSHEL34100100

This was in the winter of 73/74. It has just been too darn long.

I think dxace called it when he mentioned stereo.

While I had a Strat at the time, I was more into acousitc guitar.

I still have my home made 6L6 guitar amp. Somehow I traded for
an output transformer from a large electic organ and my Amp was
popular with a couple of bass players. I even added a 1/4 jack
to my GR64 so I could use it as a practice amp. A single 6AQ7
driving an old 12" dynamic speaker. I used my TTY loop to power
the dynamic speaker electromagnet. The fun old days.

Terry

Old August 25th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:
--
Say no to institutionalized interference.

Always good to limit one's exposure to overly loud sounds.. but one must
also remember that there is natural loss of high frequencies as we age.
Teenagers are taking advantage of this fact now with their 17KHz ringtone,
which the average person over 30 cannot hear.
http://graphics10.nytimes.com/images...ng-graphic.gif

Thought you might enjoy this link sent to me by the speech pathologist.

http://www.audioxpress.com/magsdirx/ax/addenda/Bell-Loudness.pdf

Show how linerar addtion of sounds results in non linear perceptions.

Old August 25th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 25 Aug 2006 09:22:12 -0700, wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
--
Say no to institutionalized interference.

Always good to limit one's exposure to overly loud sounds.. but one must
also remember that there is natural loss of high frequencies as we age.
Teenagers are taking advantage of this fact now with their 17KHz ringtone,
which the average person over 30 cannot hear.
http://graphics10.nytimes.com/images...ng-graphic.gif

Thought you might enjoy this link sent to me by the speech pathologist.

http://www.audioxpress.com/magsdirx/ax/addenda/Bell-Loudness.pdf

Show how linerar addtion of sounds results in non linear perceptions.

You're adding logarithms. no?

http://www.rane.com/par-a.html
Old August 25th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I own a Strativarius (spelling) Violin,but it is one of those fake ones.
cuhulin

Old August 26th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BDK BDK is offline

In article , says...

Well, a bunch of the 19-25 year olds at work had it, until they found
out that all of their parents, and myself at 50 could hear it ok too,
but I can still hear past 20K on the right side anyway..

So now it's gone and the dopey music and sound effect ones are back.

BDK

Old August 28th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David wrote:

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:58:22 -0500, wrote:

I always keep my radios and tv sets turned down lowwww.(I hate earphones
and earbuds,I never use them) I have ear tintinitus,

Tintinitis is when you hallucinate being followed around by a little
white French doggie who drinks heavily.

http://www.museodelnino.es/sala4/mundocomic/tintin.jpg

mike
Old August 28th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hatari! movie has just now started on Radio tb. (tb,Dennis the
Menance,tb) That was John Wayne's favorite movie he was in and it is one
of my favorite movies too.
Dat Eeeeeeese! I will be in the area for a while.There is no trick
photography in the movie either and very few stunt actors.
cuhulin

Old August 28th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David wrote:

You're adding logarithms. no?

http://www.rane.com/par-a.html

Not really. It shows that intensity effect percieved pitch and that
when
adding equal non reinforcing tones the results depart from what would
be expected.

What, to me at least, makes this even more interesting is the date the
research was published, Jan 1935.

In 1974 at college I took a course on the physics of music and musical
instruments. The course ignored the whole louder sounds sharp, softer
sounds flat issue.

Terry

Old August 28th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I didn't go to the food store yesterday for food. (and beer,if I want
beer that bad,all I have to do is step over to the Exxon convenience
store/gas station about one block from me.I haven't had a beer in about
a week) I will go to the food store tomorrow though (and the discount
tobacco store) because I have just enough cigarette tobacoo to last me
about twenty four hours and the same with my mostly empty jar of
Folger's instant coffee.I can do without my beer,but I can't do without
my coffee.I tried that once before.

My hearing cleared up (mostly cleared up) a few days ago.
cuhulin

Reflection Loss Reg Edwards Antenna 19 March 7th 06 07:15 PM
Peaked and Tuned Dan CB 108 May 15th 04 03:48 PM
The two sorts of loss Reg Edwards Antenna 10 August 21st 03 07:41 PM