Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 2nd 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default More on the cross country loop development effort

and some other ramblings of a madman.

I built a 'prototype' 10" loop last night but this is old news.
Worked better than I ever could have hoped it would. I'm working on a
2.5ft loop for the roadtrip. I'm thinking I might be able to tune the
loop to 75m with a tap and work some of my AM buddies too. I decided I
would take my pair of Degen DE1103/Kaito KA1103. The thought crossed
my mind to bring the R75 but I don't think it's field rated -especially
when it travels with me. I went over to Dick's sporting good store but
the $39.95 Coleman dome tent was out of stock. I may just buy my
daughter's off of her. Once I get to LA all the extra gear is going
straight to the Salvation army. I picked up a compass to align my
antenna for a few bucks and a steel nerf type scrubber for cleaning out
the pots and mess kit. Tomorrow I'll head over to the salvation army
and get a crappy pan or two and a fry pan.

I'm making this trip solo. I would love to take my dog but he has to
stay home and guard the 5 wimmen. Four lovely daughters and an awsum
wife. Besides, I don't want to lose him on the road. My 21yo daughter
works for a vet and she has a very nice stray pitt bull looking for a
home. The pitt bull rescue shelter doesn't want her cause the lady
said she already had seven female pitt bulls and she can't take
another. I figure it's doggy death row for this one, so I might just
take her on a nice trip with me. If I become attached to the bitch
then I'll just have to pull the plastic out at LAX and buy her a plane
ticket back to Boston with me. I think dogs ok to fly in baggage if WX
not too cold. I think Wife will probably be in LA when I show up. Her
brother just became a grandfather so she will want to visit and I am
going to twist 4 daughters arms to buy wife a round trip ticket for her
birthday.

Schedule is firm in that I have first two weeks of October off from
work. Exact route is up in the air. I was first going to go across
rt90 and maybe stop to see a friend in Wisconsin. Then I decided to
take a more southerly route across the bottom of Pa then hook over to
Indy and on to St Louis. I want to see the arch. Then I thought to
head south on 81 thru pa into Maryland and Virgina and then North
Carolina. Then thru Tennesee. I just can't decide today. I hope to
have that figured out in a week or so.

73
NEO