Old September 8th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SR SR is offline

Default Space Shuttle Frequencies

Hello everyone: The Space shuttle suppose to take off on Friday Sept.
8th at 11:41pm EST.

I have the ICOM R75 Shortwave radio. Which frequency should I listen to?

73

Steven.
Old September 8th 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2006-09-08 01:35:16 -0400, SR said:

Hello everyone: The Space shuttle suppose to take off on Friday Sept.
8th at 11:41pm EST.

I have the ICOM R75 Shortwave radio. Which frequency should I listen to?

73

Steven.

Try this:

http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mttopHF.html

Old September 8th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SR SR is offline

Thank you but, all I see for NASA is:

5180 NASA Space Shuttle SRB Recovery Net Atlantic Ocean

5190 NASA Space Shuttle SRB Recovery Net Atlantic Ocean

Is that what I suppose to listen too?

THX, SR

Old September 8th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SR SR is offline

Well I tuned to 5190 USB, 5180 USB & 1078.00 USB on my ICOM R75 and my
GRUNDIG SATELIT 800 and no signals. My location is New York City and
using a fiberglass whip on a 6 floor building with good clearance on the
North and East. About 7 miles from the Atlantic ocean.

BTW: How many watts of tranmission do the ground base in Florida use?

And do the astronauts also talk on those FRQ?

Steven
73

FROM: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sh...ain/index.html

Atlantis' Launch Scrubbed Due to ECO Sensor Problem

Sept. 8, 10:54 a.m. EDT
The launch of Space Shuttle Atlantis has been scrubbed until Saturday
due to a problem with one of the vehicle's fuel system sensors. The new
launch time is targeted for 11:14 a.m. EDT.

Old September 8th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

SR wrote:

Well I tuned to 5190 USB, 5180 USB & 1078.00 USB on my ICOM R75 and my
GRUNDIG SATELIT 800 and no signals. My location is New York City and
using a fiberglass whip on a 6 floor building with good clearance on the
North and East. About 7 miles from the Atlantic ocean.

BTW: How many watts of tranmission do the ground base in Florida use?

And do the astronauts also talk on those FRQ?

The Shuttle does not use HF. Where you might hear a re-transmission of the
Shuttle and ground control is on the relays provided by WA3NAN at the Goddard
Space Flight Center in Maryland on amateur radio frequencies.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 8th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2006-09-08 13:05:43 -0400, dxAce said:

SR wrote:

Well I tuned to 5190 USB, 5180 USB & 1078.00 USB on my ICOM R75 and my
GRUNDIG SATELIT 800 and no signals. My location is New York City and
using a fiberglass whip on a 6 floor building with good clearance on the
North and East. About 7 miles from the Atlantic ocean.

BTW: How many watts of tranmission do the ground base in Florida use?

And do the astronauts also talk on those FRQ?

The Shuttle does not use HF. Where you might hear a re-transmission of the
Shuttle and ground control is on the relays provided by WA3NAN at the Goddard
Space Flight Center in Maryland on amateur radio frequencies.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Correct but some of the support ships DO use HF. SRB recovery, cape radio, etc.

WA3NAN is great when they are on the air.

Old September 8th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2006-09-08 13:05:43 -0400, dxAce said:

SR wrote:

Well I tuned to 5190 USB, 5180 USB & 1078.00 USB on my ICOM R75 and my
GRUNDIG SATELIT 800 and no signals. My location is New York City and
using a fiberglass whip on a 6 floor building with good clearance on the
North and East. About 7 miles from the Atlantic ocean.

BTW: How many watts of tranmission do the ground base in Florida use?

And do the astronauts also talk on those FRQ?

The Shuttle does not use HF. Where you might hear a re-transmission of the
Shuttle and ground control is on the relays provided by WA3NAN at the Goddard
Space Flight Center in Maryland on amateur radio frequencies.

Correct but some of the support ships DO use HF.

I didn't mean to imply that they did not.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 9th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2006-09-08 13:05:43 -0400, dxAce said:

SR wrote:

Well I tuned to 5190 USB, 5180 USB & 1078.00 USB on my ICOM R75 and my
GRUNDIG SATELIT 800 and no signals. My location is New York City and
using a fiberglass whip on a 6 floor building with good clearance on the
North and East. About 7 miles from the Atlantic ocean.

BTW: How many watts of tranmission do the ground base in Florida use?

And do the astronauts also talk on those FRQ?

The Shuttle does not use HF. Where you might hear a re-transmission of the
Shuttle and ground control is on the relays provided by WA3NAN at the Goddard
Space Flight Center in Maryland on amateur radio frequencies.

Correct but some of the support ships DO use HF.

I didn't mean to imply that they did not.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

It's all good my friend!

Old September 8th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dont try to push me,you mommas little sissy.I will click on the NASA
Radio tv channel whenever (but if you want to pay my DirectumTV bill
every month,then you tell me what to watch) I feel/thought about it and
99 times out of 99,I never think about,NASA! YOU ARE BROKEN! (Popular
Mechanics or Popular Science magazine a few years ago,,, Look it up) If
the Space Shuttle lifts off I will catch it on one of the local Jackson
tv news channels.Bite Me!
cuhulin

Old September 9th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

SR wrote in :

Well I tuned to 5190 USB, 5180 USB & 1078.00 USB on my ICOM R75 and my
GRUNDIG SATELIT 800 and no signals. My location is New York City and
using a fiberglass whip on a 6 floor building with good clearance on the
North and East. About 7 miles from the Atlantic ocean.

BTW: How many watts of tranmission do the ground base in Florida use?

And do the astronauts also talk on those FRQ?

Steven
73

If you're close to the launch site, you can hear the UHF air to ground on
a scanner direct from the orbiter.

SC

Shuttle Frequencies [email protected] Scanner 2 July 5th 06 08:00 PM
International Space Station School Contacts on Oct 5th, 6th 7th g3zhi General 1 October 5th 05 12:26 PM
Possible HF freqs for Space Shuttle rebroadcasts [email protected] Shortwave 1 July 15th 05 12:31 PM
Space shuttle Speez Scanner 1 December 26th 04 05:19 AM
can space shuttle video be recieved on the IC-R3??? Mediaguy500 Scanner 5 June 13th 04 06:26 AM