Old June 26th 06, 11:32 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Shuttle Frequencies

Anyone have a list of shuttle frequencies for the July 1st launch??? I
have a list that was used in the past but would like to know any for
this launch.

Thanks
Old July 4th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Try the following frequencies. They are used from when the crew enter the
shuttle until about 2 hours after launch, and again from 3 hours before
landing until they finally land.

259.7 (AM) - Shuttle Air-Ground Primary - This is the only frq I've heard
the shuttle on out of the Standard shuttle FRQs but it's worth monitoring
the others too
296.8 (AM) - Shuttle A-G Backup and also Orbiter - Suit during spacewalk
279.0 (AM) - Shuttle A-G Backup and Suit - Suit and Suit - Orbiter

I've also been recommended to listen to 251.875

I've heard discovery trying to contact ISS on their frequencies while on
orbit before... so worth checking these:

143.625 (NFM) - VHF1
130.167 (NFM) - VHF2
121.75 (NFM) - Low Power backup
139.208 (NFM) Backup FRQ for VHF 1 but I've never heard it used

The Kvant System on ISS uses the followinf frequencies and is occasionally
used for voice downlink according to some lists:
922.76 (NFM)
768.975 (NFM)

-Scott

Old July 5th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Scott Daniells" no.thanks wrote in :

[...]

You can add 145.800, the downlink frequency for amateur radio
communications from the ISS.