Old September 9th 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Philips D2999 versions

Hi,

I came across a Philips D2999 recently. A bit of research turned up some
good remarks about it, but also said that there are two versions. The
initial release, apparently, had significant problems and Philips took
the model off sale and revamped it.
Does anyone know how to tell the original, poorer, version from the
newer one?

John
Old September 9th 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"John Fryatt" wrote in message
Hi,

I came across a Philips D2999 recently. A bit of research turned up some
good remarks about it, but also said that there are two versions. The
initial release, apparently, had significant problems and Philips took the
model off sale and revamped it.
Does anyone know how to tell the original, poorer, version from the newer
one?

John

If I recall John the older version had a letter A before the serial number,
all other revamped models did not have this.
Vangelis

Old September 9th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Vangelis wrote:
"John Fryatt" wrote in message
Hi,

I came across a Philips D2999 recently. A bit of research turned up some
good remarks about it, but also said that there are two versions. The
initial release, apparently, had significant problems and Philips took the
model off sale and revamped it.
Does anyone know how to tell the original, poorer, version from the newer
one?

John

If I recall John the older version had a letter A before the serial number,
all other revamped models did not have this.
Vangelis

Great, thanks V. Unfortunately this one seems to be of the older type.

John

Old September 9th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Although in all honesty John, it may be the other way round, its years since
i had one of those., best keep checking. Thinking back, it may be the A that
is the revamped version.
Van

Old September 9th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Vangelis wrote:
Although in all honesty John, it may be the other way round, its years since
i had one of those., best keep checking. Thinking back, it may be the A that
is the revamped version.

Hmm, I have a Phillips 2999PLL and checked the number (its on a sticker
in the battery compartment in the back, not?). It does not have an A
before the number.

I'm not aware of any problems with it, but if anyone could tell me what
they were, I might be able to confirm...

I'm very happy with my receiver, been using it since 1990.